Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Does the new white's

Your exactly right. That's how forums function. Information is constantly changing and being updated as more people gain experience and time in the field in different parts of the country under different hunting conditions.

Thank you for understanding, all I want to know is what it can do and how advanced the unit is. Can it tell silver from clad and gold from trash. If that is not what the machine is all about maybe depth and a VDI that locks on real deep targets. Can it see through iron better then most machines. I am repeating myself but any great machine has something if not a lot of things it can do better then other machines. The guys that hunt with the Nautilus for relics seem to use only that machine and they love it because it is deep and you can hear the iron and the good targets..No screen no numbers. No one has really tested this machine out and reported how it did VS their other machine. I am sure it is a great coin machine but if you read the forums on the M machine and the flute sounds it has a reputation as being a very deep machine that works great in really bad ground. Each machine has it strengths what is the new White's strength? The F75 is deep but not super deep, it does the best job in Calif and hunting in iron and trash. It is really great at unmasking, it is so fast. The VDI numbers don't lock on so you have to kind of watch the numbers and see what repeats. It has a lot of tones but I only use for relic hunting one tone and very little disc if any. Of all the machines I have had this machine is the best for me in my area of the gold country. It has been better then any of the machines I have had and sold. But I am always interested in what the next machine is and if it can take metal detecting to the next level. I have done a search but have not found anyone that really has taken this machine out to a civil war battle ground where they have hunted before and found the new White's to really hit on targets that their other machine missed. Or someone that relics hunts old homesteads, celler holes, plowed fields, old parks, old schools...places with history that have been hunted out.

That is what I would like to read about on this new machine. Look White's is one of the top dogs just want to know if they are really on to something.

Hello all, new guy here, first time posting on this forum.

I had the opportunity to use the V3 for a few hours over the course of 2 days recently. Until this time I've been using an XLT and have become quite efficient with it.

There is one yard we hunt here in Gettysburg that butts up against park ground on the backside of Little Round Top. I have been through that yard dozens of times with my hunting buddy who was using a Minelab Explorer. We pulled easliy dozens of miniballs out of there. The last 3-4 times in that yard spending a few hours each we came up empty handed. Nothing. So, he switched over to the MXT and I am trying the V3. I hunted the back of the yard that we know we've walked...and walked....and walked...in 15 minutes I got a solid reading with the V3 telling me miniball. Sure enough, 12" +/- down out pops a dropped 3 ringer. I can tell you with utmost confidence that the XLT would NOT have gotten that bullet. Problem is that I hadn't charged the battery from the previous day and we only got to spend less than 1/2 hr in that yard. We will go back soon though.....

About a month and a half ago I buried a zinc penny in my yard at 9.5 inches to see how different settings on the XLT would pick it up. On rare occasions, the xlt would pick it up but would ID it at a +95, using a swing speed that was too fast for normal hunting. The vast majority of the time, the XLT wouldn't even make a noise, even with the settings cranked to about as hot as they could go. I took the V3 out and picked up the penny loud and clear with the factory coin program and with the factory relic program, no problem.

Does that answer any of the questions?? :twodetecting:

That is a start but you were using a different freq and that can make a big difference over the XLT but what you said is a good thing. I have used a different machine different freq hunted out an area then came back with another machine and pulled stuff out I somehow missed. But the new whites has three freq so that is a good thing. What were your freq settings did you look at the graph? Did it read with one line higher then the other...What freq picked up the bullet..That would seem to be the freq to hunt for brass and bullets and then switch to a different freq and look for coins and then try the last freq and look for gold. I know you can run all three freq at one time...but maybe you would get better depth with one at a time?

I haven't the experience to know exactly what I was looking at yet. Only had the machine in my hands for a few hours with no previous experience with it. I know the analyze screen showed the humps with each frequency at a different level. I'll pay more attention to that when I get out with it again and also the more I use it. I did find 2 more miniballs in another field and a small brass grommet in the same field that was an easy 8" down with a good signal. That too I know the XLT would not have touched. Being accustomed to the XLT, I am only accustomed to seeing the VDI number and listening to the sound. I'll get more practice reading with the V3. Where I'm hunting and with the history of these spots, we dig any decent signal as it could easily be civil war related and most often is.

Low-Boy/LCPM why dont you just buy the machine, and find these things out yourself? you could always sell it if you was not happy with it, like any detector you buy.

If the F-75 is such a good machine why are you looking at getting somthing else

WOW. I'm stoked. Now if someone will just make it stop raining so I can take my V3 out!

ghostman said:
Low-Boy/LCPM why dont you just buy the machine, and find these things out yourself? you could always sell it if you was not happy with it, like any detector you buy.

If the F-75 is such a good machine why are you looking at getting somthing else

Everyone here would jump on any new machine if it was truly better, regardless of the brand. $1500+ is a lot more to invest, it would be nice if everyone had the money just laying around just collecting dust.

You just don't get what a forum is all about..info sharing info with fellow hunters...I thought we all are here to help and give advice....I am not going to shell out that much money till I can start learning about the machine from other users...when I got my other machine I was asked so many questions and I was happy to help someone find out if my machine was a machine they might be able to use. A lot of users said it was unstable but for me that was info to my ears. I made videos took photos did all I could to help...As I said before some of us are always interested in new technogly and with it being such a long time for White's to come out with a brand new machine that is different from anything they have in a long time some of us want to learn from others...

Low-Boy

I totally agree with you my friend, that's what i wanted to hear, a forum is all about..info sharing info with fellow hunters...

Who cares if people ask the same questions over and over again, what skin is it of anyone's nose.

Your questions are very good and relevant, why have you asked them, you know no one has answered them properly in the past.

Were all metal detector users at the end of the day.

No one asking questions on the V3 is trying to rubbish the machine, were all trying to get information on the machines capabilities.

I hope you find your answers Low-Boy, and if i can find any information on the new machine i mentioned to you i will be happy to pass it onto you