Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Does anyone use the 705 strictly for park gold

The numbers I got from my wife's jewelry on the carpet matched the numbers I've got from pencil eraser bands, can slaw push tabs and pull tabs. I'm digging everything :detecting:

pasttom said:
If I read it right, Gerry's numbers would miss 6 of the 18 rings shown on Bob's photo. In this particular case one gives up 1/3 of the best finds to avoid digging tabs. Considering the ends we often go to to get a tiny advantage it seems a huge sacrifice to avoid mining aluminum.
Exactly my thoughts. Sure he is very successful and finding the rings, but how many is he missing by avoiding tabs?

Old Longhair said:
IMO, discriminating anything when gold is the objective, means missing as much as you're finding. Regardless of whatever adjustments you may make, you simply can't notch out anything and realistically think that you're not skipping over potentially good targets.

Agreed.
If you want to find it all, you have to dig it all.

One problem I see with notching out by numbers on the X Terras is that the ID numbers go up in increments of 2, ie, 6,8,10 etc. If you notch out, say a modern pulltab (which IDs at, say 12) are you notching out something that would actually ID at 11, 12 or 13? Same with Bob oz' rings..we cant say exactly which number they might ID on, so trying to correlate the ID numbers of one thing with the ID numbers of another thing (of different metallic composition is very very difficult, when you have the ID increments going up (or down) by 2 at a time. I am not trying to criticize anyone here, just saying that when it comes to discrimination (with any detector, really) there is no easy answer. HH

Nice video but I have a question. By manually changing the frequency, could you possibly be taking the detector back toward any EMI interference that was accounted for by the auto noise cancel feature? Like most, I use the auto noise cancel feature when I am setting up my X70 at a park that I am going to hunt. The number that is shown after noise canceling is where the X70 decides is the most EMI - free frequency to hunt at. If the X70 shows 2 after auto noise canceling and I manually adjust to -2, is there a chance I am adjusting back into EMI interference?

ramairnut said:
If the X70 shows 2 after auto noise canceling and I manually adjust to -2, is there a chance I am adjusting back into EMI interference?
Absolutely it's possible!
I can't tell you how many reasons that I won't use his method, but your concern is one of them. I just can't bring myself to compromise my setup to chase a fairytale.
Targets that sound good get dug, and those that sound like junk don't. For me it's just that simple.

I'm sure there are several on here that do. I just ordered one myself for hunting sports fields, parks, and volleyball courts. I will use the stock 9 inch MF concentric on these areas, as the hottest ground I am on is in hauled in sand for volleyball courts. My soil is moderate to very low iron. For close up to iron structures such as tot lots,playgrounds,sidewalks, ect; I will continue to use the Tesoro Outlaw with 6 inch coil. Anyway I liked the looks, feel on the x-terra 50 that my brother in law had, that I order the 705. This is replacing the Tek Omega for a lot of open field and some yard hunting. HH Cal