Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Do any of you guys machines when Salt compensate is selected in coin/Jewelry mode notice how the 22.5khz freq is dominate on a coin or any target?? Ma

Tinfoil

Noticed it at the beach today with the V3. Makes no difference if you are in best data or correlate still the 22.5 is dominate in pinpoint, signagraph,and analyse mode.Maybe salt compensate asigns the 22.5KHZ as the dominate freq. . Fade last on signagraph, dominate in pinpoint, and top/highest/tallest freq. in analyse. :shrug: Maybe someone can answer this one for me. Can't find anything in the book on it. HH :D: :D: Jerry aka Tinfoil

Mine is the same deep coin targets also read down in the low area have had Quarters read in the 20's or 30's.
Think the V reading the salt may explain the 22.5 being the strongest signal all the time. The beach mode could be better
on the readings I do think this is a problem for me any way. Want to try a bigfoot on mine at the beach.

Jason

Like on a deep target. Mine does that too. Should not with coins on top of the ground though and with the coil raised up off the ground a few inches. This is in the dirt also and at the beach.

So, along with the 3 bad coils and I also really think the machine is out of calibration because, nothing agrees or is consistent. So I will box the coils and control box and send it all out to Sweet Home. It won't take long to get everything right and it will be on its way back.

I was going to go to Fl. but, with the cold weather like it is. I will just wait till everything gets back. Took 15 days last time and Sweet Home only had the MXT 2 days. There turn around is always fast. I am going to hunt with it this weekend and then Tues. it will be on the UPS truck. I got sense to know something is not right with it. No sense in wasting anymore time with it. I have no doubt that it will be right when it comes back. Over 25 years hunting with White machines. Have had very little problems with them and I think they are excellent machines. Thanks for your response Jason. I really appreciate it. At least you did Respond. Thanks for your help. HH :D: :D: Jerry aka Tinfoil

Tinfoil said:
Like on a deep target. Mine does that too. Should not with coins on top of the ground though and with the coil raised up off the ground a few inches. This is in the dirt also and at the beach.

So, along with the 3 bad coils and I also really think the machine is out of calibration because, nothing agrees or is consistent. So I will box the coils and control box and send it all out to Sweet Home. It won't take long to get everything right and it will be on its way back.

I was going to go to Fl. but, with the cold weather like it is. I will just wait till everything gets back. Took 15 days last time and Sweet Home only had the MXT 2 days. There turn around is always fast. I am going to hunt with it this weekend and then Tues. it will be on the UPS truck. I got sense to know something is not right with it. No sense in wasting anymore time with it. I have no doubt that it will be right when it comes back. Over 25 years hunting with White machines. Have had very little problems with them and I think they are excellent machines. Thanks for your response Jason. I really appreciate it. At least you did Respond. Thanks for your help. HH :D: :D: Jerry aka Tinfoil

Jerry
no problem have had two V'3s and the both always have the 22.5 strongest in the salt mode at the beach.
I think the salt reads best on the 22.5 so that is why it always the strongest reading.
May want to call some one from White's before you ship it in. If they have a way to fix this let me know.
To me at the beach it is not to bad as I will dig every thing that is not iron.

Jason

I've got a buddy that's in the process of upgrading from a DFX to the Vision and he's got to read some of this stuff.

Hi -

I run "salt comp" mode in parks sometimes and in pinpoint the dominant frequency varies just like with other modes. The same is true for my partner's machine. Additionally, the pinpoint dominant frequency also varies in both wet sand and dry, just like all the other modes. This is in California with somewhat black sand beaches which might make the iron more dominant than the salt, but still.

However, I will say that yesterday we were hunting a field that was surrounded by those huge light things and my machine wouldn't calm down, frequency tweaking, offseting, gain down to four and sens in the 60s....until I put it in Salt Comp. Next thing you know I was digging pulltabs at 7 inches, hearing them loud and clear. long live salt compensate!

Taterhead

Mine is the same at the beach always the 22.5 being the dominate freq no mater the target. Is this a bad detector or are all the V3s like this?

Jason

Boxing up everything and it will hit the road to Sweet Home tomorrow. Will PM you and let you know what they have to say about it and what they do to it. It has other problems also with the pinpoint. I am not going to waste anymore time here or with the machine. HH Jerry aka Tinfoil

Thanks Jerry
Let me know what happens mine does the same thing works OK but the 22.5 in the salt at the beach is always the strongest.
Looks like other folks would know if that is the case with there V3's too.

Jason

Some answers. Does it with salt compensate on, off, Pinpoint, signagraph display, and in the analyse Mode. I think I do get the message though. :thumbdown: HH and I really appreciate the response. No one else need to reply to this Post. I don't need anymore help :rofl: Will put it on the road and the 3 bad coils with there problems too tomorrow. Might take the F75LTD to one of my deep spots and dig some deep sliver. :thumbup: . Sorry just aggravated I guess. Later Jerry aka Tinfoil