Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Digital Readings

Imo sound on the se is the first thing that get me going then i look at the reading and if the readings are boucing then i switch to smart find to see how the x is moving. Changing angles to see what gives me the best hit. Like one guy said best disc is your eyes.

Best thing to do is dig. Even if it's junk. go back over the hole it could be a coin in side. The more junk remove the more coin hits you will get. I have dug shield nickel "no date" that read 30 ferr/ 3-4 con when i pop it out of the ground it gave reading of 10ferr/ con 5-6. I have dug silver dimes that read 24 ferr/ 28-29 con. When i pop it out nice soild hit of 3/29.

I dug out a pull tab "it was the only reading"and when i check the hole over again. inch over got nice soild reading of 00-29 pop out silver quarter. At my uncles house i dug up 2 bucks full of iron and found 8 ind head pennys in same area. Old pen that you needed to fill by hand.Some of the iron was cool to like a old horse shoe and rings ect... Reason why old spot can get hot again is because of the iron and junk decomposing.

If you are at a old homestead it best to dig and dig,dig,dig,dig! Just like jewerly hunting you have to dig alot junk get the rare good find.

There is no detector on the market that can stop you from digging junk it's part of the hubby.

Here's a list I compiled from 4-5 different sources. Rather than do a range for a single item, I listed each on a separate line for each fer/con combination. This combined with column headers describing its Name, Denomination, Composition, Ferrous, and Conductive specification lets me sort either by digital reading, or by a particular metal type, coin type etc as well as see a more head to head comparison of what a certain signal could be (both good and bad)