Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Did White's get bought?

nc-joe

I heard today that White's has been sold! Does anyone really know if this is true? Is that good or bad? I really like the way they take care of their customers. I heard this is also the reason the Prizm II and soon the Prizm III will be no more.

Could this be the reason there was not a new product launch (other than the DFX300/MXT300) as many had anticipated?

I heard some additional information, but I don't feel comfortable sharing it yet.

Anyone know for sure?

:cool: It wouldn't surprise me to learn that Whites got bought out. Things have not seemed "normal" for quite some time now. They have not put out a new catolog in years. It was curious to me that they produced the Prism series without a small 4 to 6 inch coil option. Actually the whole industry seems a little unsettled at present. These companies are not updating their websites and only Bounty Hunter / Fisher are advertising new detector models. I think most detectorists are loyal to a single company if they really like the product, the service, and the optional accessories. These detector companies need to remember to keep us updated and keep it "fun" for us oldtimers. Only time will tell. If ANYONE has ANY info about this buy out rumor PLEASE let us know!:detecting::whites:

I hate rumors. HH Dennis in Idaho

[size=large]Thats a pretty strong question to post, have you called Whites for a verification either way? They could probably answer it best, let us know what they say![/size]

i suspect the economy may be taking it's toll!..nothing new out of "sweet home" is unusual indeed!..they are generally regarded as the premeir metal detector company world wide!..i am inclined to doubt that they are struggling financially,because they have sold a "ton" of detectors in their long existance,and as such i am sure the white family put some in a "slush" fund to bail them out in tougher times!....my two chiefs!

(h.h!)
j.t.

I don't want to get anyone in trouble so I wouldn't mention any family relationships. I spent the last two days doing some work for this gentleman who is related to the White's family. He mentioned this with out me saying anything about metal detecting or White's. I told him I had 3 White's detectors then asked if they (the company) had been sold. He said not to his knowledge. I happened to overhear a conversation between him and his wife reguarding his relative so I know he was in email contact today. I was thinking about calling him in a couple days just to chat as he was interested in doing some ghost towning and asking him about the White's company. All I have is hearsay at this point but will post what I find out if anything.

I would say most companys arent going to openly admit it until an official announcement is made. If you didnt talk to the Man himself, then maybe it could be true. Im sure The employees will be the last to actually know!

Probably NOT True. Friends in the commercial real estate business in that area are telling me that there is no activity in that sort of sale. Although it could be kept within a very private sale but not likely. Being close to the Old Fisher building Los Banos, that rumor became fact within hours of it happening my Sacramento office knew very quickly about what was going on, but we were told to keep quiet. So hopefully this is not true, I like Whites being Whites and would never consider buying another Fisher "Bounty Hunter" detector, I have had nothing but problems dealing with BH. If true I would have to go with Minelab :(

did you think to ask them IF they have a NEW detector ready to introduce?..just curious!

(h.h!)
j.t.

and thats exactly how they felt at fisher, too :( .... dam it! i used to be a die hard fisher man..i still have cz,s,c$..love them,but i found it real hard to swallow when first texas got their mitts on them..so then i tried some whites machines and have grown to love them( i use a dfx,m6 and eagle spectrum and a bhid),i never gave them much heed in my fisher days,but i have came to realise they are some of the best md's out there,and besides newbies occassionally sprouting rubbish like lack of depth(total bs! :) .. learn the machines,simple!),are the match of any fisher or garrett etc out there!..i just hope they are just rumours :(,coz i doubt any other company will/can keep up the tradition(ala bountyfishes!)..but you never know..minelab sold out,we are losing the big guns one by one :( my one hope (like i had for fisher) if it is true,is that they are bought by someone like garrett,a company in it for the hobbyist,not the quick dash for cash and screw us :(..BUT LETS NOT PANIC TILL WE HEAR IT FROM KEN WHITE HIMSELF! HE'S THE ONLY ONE WE GONNA GET THE REAL STORY FROM :)

[size=medium]Well I guess I have read about enough of this thread to provoke my next question! It's time for the original poster of this thread, "NC-JOE" to reveal his source. Joe hasn't added to this since his first post. So out of all fairness Joe, where did you hear that Whites has been sold and what additional information are you holding back? <br>It is only fair to the rest of us here to clear this up and share what you know. Appreciate your help as your post has set off a lot of concern! Sincerely, Tim [/size]

[quote Tim-PY][size=medium]Well I guess I have read about enough of this thread to provoke my next question! It's time for the original poster of this thread, "NC-JOE" to reveal his source. Joe hasn't added to this since his first post. So out of all fairness Joe, where did you hear that Whites has been sold and what additional information are you holding back? <br>It is only fair to the rest of us here to clear this up and share what you know. Appreciate your help as your post has set off a lot of concern! Sincerely, Tim [/size][/quote]

spot on tim :) ..holy cow,the last thing i need to know after becoming hooked on 2 of the best companies in the game and having almost every machine produced by both,is that they both going down the gurglar(fisher being taken by first texas..holy dfx batman! what if those buggers were gonna have a shot at whites?? we all know their mentality of wanting to swallow good metal detector companies(bounty hunter excluded! :)..just joshing :) ).ewwww! didnt want to let my mind wander to that scenario :( , but with all thats been happening in the industry lately,and first texas with their potential resources..oh, the humanity! they would be spitting out prisms under every name in the book,without changing a dam thing!(sound familiar?:) ) please,no! )) within a year or 2 of each other! wheres the freakin justice??!?? :(

right!..when ken speaks,everyone listens!

(h.h!)
j.t.

there is NO justice!..it's called the MONEY game!

(h.h!)
j.t.

It was a discussion of White's users and enthusiests. However, I too am concerned, since I am a White's user myself (DFX) and I just recently sold my Eagle Spectrum (back up machine). I believe White's is the best company out there when it comes to metal detectors and the hobby. White's is second to none in customer service, and I would never want that to change. Per Jim's post above, the word he got from "several TOP folks" at White's is they have not been sold.

I asked the question for this reason, I am 3000 miles from OR, and if the conversation came up here, as I posted, IF it is true, someone closer to "home" would know. As far as the additional details, why open the box more if the word is as stated? This is a White's discussion forum, I heard somethnigs I am concerned with since I am a loyal White's customer. As others had posted here, Fisher and Minelab have changed ownership recently, and the reviews of the the Fisher products and service is a mixed bag and the Minelab deal was so recent I don't think anyone has really seen a difference yet, so when you hear or see things you wonder what is for real.

Just reading the replies to this thread tonight raises an eyebrow, but, we'll let those rest. And yes, sometimes people are way out there. For instance, another popular post here on this forum is discussing the "prototype" PI machine, but half the posts are about the MXT300. Two different topics, to different machines, but some confussion because the latest advertised machines are the DFX300 and MXT300.

I assume you are satisfied with the response in Jim's post, so we'll leave it at that.