Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

DFX / V31

HAGEMIER1

I got the v3 back. Its now a V3i. I was hoping to see lots of improvement. My question is this. Should i be able to use coin Jewry program, factory settings and find the coins that i buried in my yard to practice with the dfx. I know where these coins are and know what depth they are at. Done this when I got the dfx so I could practice a couple yrs ago. I have no problem with my mine lab hitting and locking on with factory settings. My v3 only hits on the .25 cent. Now i know that you can tweak the v3, but clean yard and buried coins with location known. I would think the v3 should hit really hard right out of box with the factory settings. Just so we all know I sent the coil in and had it tested along with the v3. It tested good as did the v3. My coins are buried 4 to 5 inch. I really need to hook up with someone here in south central Indiana that haves one and go do some detecting. Any help for an old man? ( not that old ) Looks like i need it bad.

It's a hobby, have some fun. You now know the coil is good. You now know the detector is good. I guess you are going to have to drive to hook up with somebody like Magic or Yazoo. They seem to be doing great in Indiana. On the other hand you always have your Minelab. Use what works for you. I don't know what else to say. You read that a few guys had a problem machine, but that's not your problem. Rob????????????

If your coil and detector are good, you should be able to easily pick up a coin at 4 to 5 inches. I can dig pennies and dimes at six to eight inches all day long, running nearly stock settings. As others have said, experiment. Check your swing speed, too.

Did I read You were from Columbus? That's my home town .Used to know that area very well . There are a couple of spots I would love to go hunt but have not had any luck getting in there. Sometime maybe I can make it over your way.I'm about 90 miles from ya now. Yazoo

South of terre haute by 30 mins.You know where Jewel village is? I lived there as a kid. Is to bad the old fairgrounds is blacktop and buildings,that would have been a awesome place to hunt .Have you ever heard of a old race track around there that had a river for a back stretch. I know where it is got pics from when I was a kid.Would be some great hunting i think . Broke my trigger off of the V3 on 2nd morn of DFX hunt this past week end so waiting on a new one so I can replace it. Later Yazoo

Yes to all of the above. I lived in Beathel village attended Wayne township school, southside jr high, then East class of 1977. I have heard of the track but have not seen it. I too have seen old pictures of it. Was wondering how long Moose park has been where it was. I have never hunted it but bet we could. Its out there by the village. Was it around when you lived there?

The Moose park was started in the mid 60's.I remember being there many times. I am from the class of 73' There was a old house down the road a piece from the moose park on the left it was the old Boggs place .A 2 story house that might be a good place to hunt.Will try to hook up some day ,has to be in cooler weather though .My bod cant take the heat. H.H. Yazoo

No problem just let me know. You have anyone still around here. I have been selling cars for 30 yrs and also worked at Reeves ( Reliance Elect ) so I know a lot of people in and around Columbus.

Got a couple cousins Boyd And Stanley Yates .My dad worked for reeves in the 56 to about 70. nieces and nephews that's about it. Yazoo

I think i know Stanley. Did he work at Reeves also? Anyway i know the name. My step mothers maiden name was Wesley. She was from Jewell village. Had 2 or 3 sisters and a brother. U know any of them?

Do you get a good hit in pinpoint?

Raise the disc sens a little and lower the RX if you need to. Be sure that you are ground balanced really well.
Try the different filters as you swing. Just toggle over to "filter" and use the up/down button to access and lower/raise as you swing. Choose the one that best responds to the quarter. Raise the recovery number (slower recovery) then you may have to swing a little slower or re-adjust the filter.

Try different programs, Hi Pro may work better, if it does then you will know that you can change some settings in C&J to get there.

Good luck!

J