Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

DeepTech Innovation

JCR TX

I have long admired DeepTech as a company that takes "In Field Performance" seriously. They have also been very responsive to their dedicated users needs & suggestions. Because of this innovation & willingness to listen, we have the 8" Concentric & Demon coils for the Vista X, the Gold Hound and the Abyss. All unique products in a cookie cutter industry. There are many other examples that could be named from DeepTech. I have several of the current "Flagship" detectors from other makers, most are Simultaneous Multi Frequency. SMF has a lot of advantages in how well it handles the Ground & Mineralization, and to some extent, Iron responses. Never the less, I can always follow up these SMF units with the Vista X and find good targets because of DeepTechs special way of detection.
What would a Simultaneous Multi Frequency Vista X be like?
I bet it would be killer.
@RG-DeepTech, is a SMF Vista M a possibility? Even better, a unit capable of choosing SMF or from several Single frequencies?
Such a unit would be a real Game Changer on the world's relic sites.

I have long admired DeepTech as a company that takes "In Field Performance" seriously. They have also been very responsive to their dedicated users needs & suggestions. Because of this innovation & willingness to listen, we have the 8" Concentric & Demon coils for the Vista X, the Gold Hound and the Abyss. All unique products in a cookie cutter industry. There are many other examples that could be named from DeepTech. I have several of the current "Flagship" detectors from other makers, most are Simultaneous Multi Frequency. SMF has a lot of advantages in how well it handles the Ground & Mineralization, and to some extent, Iron responses. Never the less, I can always follow up these SMF units with the Vista X and find good targets because of DeepTechs special way of detection.
@RG-DeepTech, is a SMF Vista M a possibility? Even better, a unit capable of choosing SMF or from several Single frequencies?
What are you talking about here? One of those scammy LRL detectors? How about a link or pictures or YouTube channel???

What I wrote is pretty straight forward. No need to read anything outlandish into it.

I think JCR is just conveying some of his thoughts.----Nothing wrong with that.----Isn't that (part of) what this Forum is all about?
No, seriously... WTF is Deep Tech? I find nothing by searching it...

Look at the advertising header at the top of this sub forum & check them out. Excellent detectors.

That would be a great detector in my opinion A SMF Deep Tech Vista X, the closest detector to that currently is the Golden Mask 7 which is a selectable single frequency detector that runs 4,14,24, and 44 KHz i currently own a GM 7, Vista X and a Golden mask 4 WD, the 4 WD is also a selectable single frequency detector that runs 8 and 18 KHz all three of those detectors are unbelievably good analog detectors, I also have a Troy Shadow X5 which is also a great analog detector plus I just picked up a Tesoro Vaquero the Vaquero is not near as deep as the other four but is a very capable analog

That 8 inch concentric for the Vista X is currently my favorite oil on the Vista X

That is quite impressive….
I can attach some other videos, that a user in the UK ( Paul Warren) has done and it would open some eyes on these analog detectors, they show that the SMF detectors come no where close to performing as compared to these Analog detector

and do not take me wrong I am in no way saying that the SMF detectors do not have a place because they do especially when it comes to detecting salt water beaches and a few other scenarios, but people have been so blinded by marketing ploys that they think an SMF detector is the only thing that works and I am here to tell you and anyone else that is just not the case, these Analogs are better at unmasking targets in amongst heavy iron, and I can tell you with out hesitation they are deeper by a lot in a lot of situations, an analog just works without a bunch of needless adjustments

in my opinion what the issue is with almost all SMF detectors is they have way to much filtering going on and all those filters hinder a SMF detectors performance in a lot of ways where these Analog's shine because of the lack of filtering

My thought/suggestion is more about Simultaneous Multi Frequency signal processing compared to Single Frequency signal processing. Digital verses Analog is NOT the focus. We tend to call detectors that do not have a display an Analog detector, but that is not the proper definition. (The Vista X, and I assume others are hybrids & use a combination of analog controls with some digital processing) The advantage for me of the No Display Vista X is in the nuanced audio. It is very descriptive AND it is all you got, therefore you listen & think & learn what the detector is seeing/saying. I want to have the same Vista X characteristics in a SMF unit.

My thought/suggestion is more about Simultaneous Multi Frequency signal processing compared to Single Frequency signal processing. Digital verses Analog is NOT the focus. We tend to call detectors that do not have a display an Analog detector, but that is not the proper definition. (The Vista X, and I assume others are hybrids & use a combination of analog controls with some digital processing) The advantage for me of the No Display Vista X is in the nuanced audio. It is very descriptive AND it is all you got, therefore you listen & think & learn what the detector is seeing/saying. I want to have the same Vista X characteristics in a SMF unit.
I do understand what you are wanting, and in describing these newer what I call analog detectors it is very hard to convey exactly what they are because like you I do believe there is some digital things going on with these newer what II call Analog detectors

For me personally when I refer to a digital detector I am referring to these SMF detectors with a screen and inaccurate target IDs

Maybe we should start referring to these newer Analogs as Hybrid Analogs because that is what they are a Hybrid Analog Detector , figuring out what part of these new Hybrid Analog's is digital well that is anyone's guess, with the Vista X i know when I received it from Richard he told me the Vista X is Analog but the Audio processing is Digital, I do know when I chatted with Golden Mask I was told the GM7 is 80% Analog and 20% digital what exactly the Digital parts are I have no clue other than it does have a screen and gives a digital Target ID even at depth depending on which coil you have mounted on the GM7

If Deep Tech could come out with a Hybrid SMF Analog detector that does not have all the filtering like the Legend, Nox, Manticore and most likely the Deus 2, does going on I would purchase one, for me personally having no salt water beaches around me to detect I really have no need for a SMF detector, but having stated that it would be interesting if Deep Tech or someone could produce a SMF with out all the filtering and still maintain the great performance like the Vista X, GM 4WD and The GM 7

@JCR TX If i were to post a video of the Golden Mask 7 with the 13x11 coil mounted showing the depth that the GM7 will hit a target and call that target Non Ferrous and show how stable the target ID is on that GM7 no one and I repeat no one would believe the Video, they would say I was lieing about what that GM7 can do and would say I am manipulating things in the Video, and I will be honest if I had not seen it for myself I would not believe it either, I will tell you this, that GM7 has PI depth capabilities that are way beyond anything I have swung to date and the target IDs are stable no jumping around at depth, the thing that has impressed me the most with the GM7 is the fact that when the audio is telling you it is a non ferrous target at depth it has been a non ferrous target 100% of the time the tone is not iffy or anything, just like the Vista X and the 4WD which neither of those two can achieve the depths that this GM7 can achieve but that is due to me not having a similar size coil for either of those two other detectors I believe, when I run all three of those detectors side by side with similar size coils the GM 7 with a 9.5 coil and the GM 4WD with a 9.5 coil and the Vista X with the 8 inch concentric all three of those detectors have the same depth capabilities, it is only when I change the 9.5 coil out on the GM7 to the 13x11 coil for the GM7 that you see a huge difference in depth between the three beep and digs and it is not a small difference in depth but a very huge difference in depth capabilities.

there are some phenomenal manufactures of these hybrid analog detectors in Bulgaria, and only one manufacturer has representation in the U.S which to me is a crying shame

@JCR TX If i were to post a video of the Golden Mask 7 with the 13x11 coil mounted showing the depth that the GM7 will hit a target and call that target Non Ferrous and show how stable the target ID is on that GM7 no one and I repeat no one would believe the Video, they would say I was lieing about what that GM7 can do and would say I am manipulating things in the Video, and I will be honest if I had not seen it for myself I would not believe it either, I will tell you this, that GM7 has PI depth capabilities that are way beyond anything I have swung to date and the target IDs are stable no jumping around at depth, the thing that has impressed me the most with the GM7 is the fact that when the audio is telling you it is a non ferrous target at depth it has been a non ferrous target 100% of the time the tone is not iffy or anything, just like the Vista X and the 4WD which neither of those two can achieve the depths that this GM7 can achieve but that is due to me not having a similar size coil for either of those two other detectors I believe, when I run all three of those detectors side by side with similar size coils the GM 7 with a 9.5 coil and the GM 4WD with a 9.5 coil and the Vista X with the 8 inch concentric all three of those detectors have the same depth capabilities, it is only when I change the 9.5 coil out on the GM7 to the 13x11 coil for the GM7 that you see a huge difference in depth between the three beep and digs and it is not a small difference in depth but a very huge difference in depth capabilities.

there are some phenomenal manufactures of these hybrid analog detectors in Bulgaria, and only one manufacturer has representation in the U.S which to me is a crying shame
Just curious.. how much depth difference over the Vaquero are you getting with similar sized coils… I assume you have the stock 9x8 coil on the Vaquero… or possible the more recent stock 8x11 coil?

Just curious.. how much depth difference over the Vaquero are you getting with similar sized coils… I assume you have the stock 9x8 coil on the Vaquero… or possible the more recent stock 8x11 coil?
The Vaquero with the stock 9x8 concentric coil I can super tune it and hit a dime in my test bed which has been in the ground for over 2 years the Vaquero will hit my 13-14 inch deep dimes and nickels solidly the GM7 with a 9.5 inch DD will hit those same dimes and nickels at over 18 inches deep with no problem, if I throw the 13x11 on the GM7 I can hit a U.S dime at 23 inches with a good solid Non ferrous tone, not only that but the GM7 will give a Solid Target ID of 47 on that U.S dime, with the 9.5 coil mounted on the GM7 you loose the target IDs at depth for some reason

The Vaquero with the stock 9x8 concentric coil I can super tune it and hit a dime in my test bed which has been in the ground for over 2 years the Vaquero will hit my 13-14 inch deep dimes and nickels solidly the GM7 with a 9.5 inch DD will hit those same dimes and nickels at over 18 inches deep with no problem, if I throw the 13x11 on the GM7 I can hit a U.S dime at 23 inches with a good solid Non ferrous tone, not only that but the GM7 will give a Solid Target ID of 47 on that U.S dime, with the 9.5 coil mounted on the GM7 you loose the target IDs at depth for some reason
At what depth does the GM7 stop reporting accurate TID on your buried dimes?

At what depth does the GM7 stop reporting accurate TID on your buried dimes?
Thats a good question, with the 9.5 inch coil on the GM7 it was not giving any TIDs on targets over 13-14 inches so I thought ok its no different from other detectors it just cannot give you a Target ID at depth, but it was still giving a great non ferrous tone, it was not until I put the 13x11 coil on that I then was seeing the target IDs at depth
I have not swung over anything over 23 inches so I cannot say whether it will give a target ID over the 23 inches on other targets the deepest target I have buried in my test bed is at 23 inches and I was only using those targets to test my Axiom so it was pretty surprising when that GM7 actually hit that and then I noticed it was giving a target ID also of 47 on a dime

the GM7 also has a graph at the bottom of the screen that from my understanding of that graph the higher the graph lines go the shallower the targets and the lower the graph line is the deeper the target, the GM7 is a little different from most detectors in the fact there are like 5 different settings in the 7 that affects the sensitivity and there is no volume control like other detectors and the volume controls that are there are ferrous Volume and Non Ferrous Volume the Non Ferrous Volume to me acts as a sort of sensitivity for non ferrous targets, the main sensitivity is called Power Box it has a low Medium and high setting then there is a Boost setting, two Threshold settings all those working together affects the sensitivity.

That’s incredible depth from a 9.5” coil on a 13” dime!! And a 23” dime with the 13x11 coil is phenomenal!

That’s incredible depth from a 9.5” coil on a 13” dime!! And a 23” dime with the 13x11 coil is phenomenal!
I dug a hot wheels car about two weeks ago at 18 inches with the 9.5 coil mounted on the GM7 that was before I received the 13x11 coil for the GM7