Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ's or the F70, which do you prefer if you've used both?

bdbill

How does the F70 stack up to the CZ 3 or CZ 5 ect.? Is the depth similar, which is more stable? Anything else you've noticed between the two types. Which would you recommend to someone that's a newbie that is mainly going to hunt older houses, parks ect. Thank you in advance for your input.

If you are only interested in max depth the CZs are probably a little deeper but as far as I'm concerned that may be their only advantage. The F70 is half the weight and is much more versatile than the CZs you mention. I used my F70 recently at a site which I'd tried to hunt with a T2, Explorer, X-Terra 50, MXT and a TDI. The F70 was the only one not defeated by the noisy transformer across the road from the site. I had to make some adjustments and could only run in the 2 tone mode but the point is I could use it and none of the others would operate properly. I've got 7yrs experience with the Explorers and MXT, and a couple years with the X-Terra and the T2. I was impressed that the F70 would even operate at the site and it did find some coins. I have less than 10hrs on my F70 but have been very satisfied with its performance so far. I don't know what its max depth is but it does have good depth. Even if the CZ is deeper, I would much rather hunt with the F70.

I LOVE the big DD coil on the F70!!!! used it two days ago in a spot I hammered with the F75 and got three more early indians out of it. A buddy hunted right along side of me with his Exploder...and didnt get zip. The three I DID get were iffy ones...but the F70 sniffed them out just fine. It was the first time I'd used the DD on it..and was VERY happy with how it worked........ Streak
(truth be told....I liked the DD BETTER than the stock coil) :fisher:

I like the way it sounds and responds to the targets better.....probably because I'm so used to it on the 75.
The F70 sounded like an old friend!
Separation was better. didnt use it in the slow mode yet either with the DD....as the one place I've used it was littered with nails.and DE was a must...............

DE speed. Sens on 80. disc was at 6 I think. worked very well. It fastgrabs here at around 65-70.

i just watch low boys video and the F5 looks to be the same as all these other bounty hunters. His first target shows it. a 2 inch wheatback with numbers hopping all over the place???????????? What ever happened to a coin that stays 1 number? Bill Ladd videos do the same thing and show jumpy numbers. so stick with the CZs. I made big mistake by trading in my CZ-70 for a F-70. Czs are proven multi frequncy an built to last longer too.
dave

Fatties ( the most abundant IH types in this spot) read about 42, and the regular indians read low to mid 60's.
The 70 seems to sniff em out pretty good...but I've HAMMERED this site with the 75...so there arent too many left. The three I got the other nite brought the total to around 120 so far. its nice to know that the F70 can hold its own with the 75 when it comes to coinhunting. Different story when it comes to Relic hunting though.................... :biggrin:

as machines got more powerful, sensitive and deeper, VDI numbers got less stable and less rock solid. The White machines are a very good example of this. My first black box 6000 Di pro was a VERY accurate machine as far as VIDS wehn. Its been downhill eversince with subsequent generations of machines.
The problem is......machines got a lot more sensitive, and read a lot more of the ground and adjacent targets. Also, as you sweep, it darn near impossible to make the same exact swing every time, so the machines actually sees things a bit different with each swing. The Vdi numbers may not be as rock solid on the newer machines (and NO manufacturer had a corner on THAT market), but the newer machine ARE mose sensitive, so the end result is more goodies in your pouch, and thats a trade off I'll take ANYDAY.
You CAN make any given machine give you better VDI numbers, and depth reading though, if you only take to time to pinpoint precisely, and control your swing speed. The F70, and f75 both like a nice crisp swing speed directly over the center of the target to ID accurately. Get off to the side a bit, or slow down too much, and the ID will be off. Streak!

First off, I have used different units in my life and own the CZ 3d, CZ 5, CZ 70 and the F-70...
These are my thoughts and I may be wrong.
But I have had good lock on with units with meters on all the units that I have used and jumpy numbers to.
Even the CZ's will bounce around, but from what little I have used the F-70 and small coil in trash, the
jumpy numbers have been more than one target under the coil and with the fast reset of the F-70, you get jumpy numbers.
One jumpy number last Saturday was a copper Penney in iron, the iron was so bad that I could not pin point.
No big deal right, but just a week ago I pulled a 1912 d wheat back out of the same area with my CZ 3d and 5" coil.
This small area had been pounded with several other brands of detectors, there was a 1889 half penny pulled from there
the week end that I got the 1912 d, the 1912 d was pulled after the 1889 half penny.
I don't go by the jumpy numbers so much, but I go by the tone.....
A detector is just a tool to help you, if you don't dig, you will not know what it was for sure...
I like to hunt in trash because a lot of hunters around here will not hunt in trash...
I hunted with a man that would not dig zincs, I found a 1864 IH, let him read the date for me, then I put it on the ground and
ask him what it read on his unit, I can not use the words that he used, lol, but after that he started digging zinc targets and
ended up with more IH than me, it was still funny... I have seen 2 Barber dimes that read zinc in the ground and out of the ground...
I will dig trash, but once in a while, I find something real good.
HH...BJ

i WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE CZ-3D AGAINST THE F75 FOR COINS.MY BUDDY HUNTS WITH THE F75 AND MAN HIS NUMBERS JUMP AROUND SO BAD YOU CAN'T TELL WHAT YOUR DIGGEN.ONCE MY 3D LOCKS ON AND IT DOES ALL THE TIME YOU KNOW ITS TIME TO DIG.

Is it the operator, the machine or perhaps the ground?....All I know is a controlled 2 foot moderate swing over the target will get me a dead lock on at 6 inches as only hunted locally and not hit the place where the deep older coins are..As far as the videos good job guys but work on the previous mentioned swing...:beers:

"I will dig trash, but once in a while, I find something real good."

Its a proven fact that ya gotta dig some trash to get some goodies. I try to figure out what nails are reading on a site, first time I hit it and then that's the only trash I ignore. When I'm relic hunting it doesn't matter if the numbers are bouncing around, if they're not recognizable as nails I dig.

I didn't even want to get involved in this thread because I happen to think the Coinstrike "locks" onto coins better (and that will probably ruffle some feathers, but this is a general Fisher forum). But, since one of my video's was referenced, and now my swing questioned I guess I better say something. I happen to think that most of the "jumpy" numbers is due to other trash being under the coil at the same time. Other strong possibilities are that many coins or targets lay tilted & not perfectly flat. The stock coils on the F70 & F75 are not small, and many of my films (& the bulk of my hunts) are done at trashy foundations, or along that kids backyard (just as trashy as a cellar hole). So, in trash I expect some jumpy ID's with nails under the coil at the same time. As long as it's a nice repeatable signal I'll still dig.....
If I was in an open field or something with few targets around & one item at a time under the coil, I see & would expect better "locks" with any ID unit.....
I think folks have just become fixated on the numbers, even though with the CZ's we still had what were refered to as "bouncers" or targets that hopped from high to mid tones & such as we swept. These, just like a jumpy number, often resulted in a "good" target when dug & even though some called them "iffy'.....
The coinstrike has the best "locking" numbers on coins I have ever used in the Fisher line at least. A large cent was always a solid +31, and it stuck there from every sweep angle and I would call people over & say, "Wanna watch me dig this large cent?". The F5 seems to have some decent "locks" on coins too.....I'm figuring it's due to it having about a 7khz just as the C$ does........
HH,
Bill

I figured that jumpy numbers was more than one target of a different value.
I will work on my swing,lol, it it different for right handed people ?
I hunt with 2 people that don't have jumpy numbers
one uses a 1265x and the other uses a A.H. Pro back packer....
HH...BJ

bill!..you are "dead nuts" correct with your analogy!..all of these conditions are prevelent in the field...i especially agree with your statement indicating that if you was able to "isolate" a target by itself,you WOULD get a solid lock from all angles!..absolutely correct!..ANY id detector from ANY make will respond the same way with more than one target under the coil!..the detector is attempting to identify the target(s),hence the "jumping" numbers.

(h.h!)
j.t.

I collect older detectors and that backpacker is a real nice one to have......any A+H are rare.....
HH,
Bill