Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ3D Discrimination

However the CZ3D will hunt old/new and the beach. I said I was not going to get in this one but I guess I lied. Without ever having bought a CZ3D or used one why the Bad mouthing. :shrug: . Don't appears to me you are qualified on The CZ3D To trash the machine. If you don't understand the machine and how it works and have not used it. I don't see where you can even say anything about it. Why do you have to say anything. Just use what works for you. It appears to me some of the guys have taken the time to explain how the machine works and what you have to do to make it preform. You are determined to bad mouth the machine when you never even owned one or so you just said. Oh well back to lurking as that is what I do best anyway. :D: :D: CZ3D is a :thumbup: machine for us that take the time to learn it cause I can promise you I can make mine perform like I want it to and the way it says it is supposed to work and it don't matter if I am in a Trashy Iron,Trash filled are whether it is a new/old place a beach or a new place. :shrug: what can I say. Later Jerry aka Tinfoil

hunt in enhanced mode and only dig the deep stuff! I've used it on "modern trash" sites, and yes, the aluminum tidbits do ring up high tone sometimes. However, most of the time, the aluminum junk is within the first couple of inches of the surface. I just skip that stuff, and look for the deepies....works pretty darned good! NASA-Tom has been a boon to the metal detecting hobby for years. His modifications for the 3D are great in my book. (in my opinion)...

Like Jackpine said, it ain't a magic wand, but for my kind of hunting (old home sites, school yards, old churches, etc.)I've been very pleased with it's performance... (right now though, I'm hooked on the F-75!)

HH'n

Mark in NC

I have used cz's for 13 yrs and had a 3d. Vol. 8 ( turned down headphones), sen. 6, disc. 1, GB it to the place you are hunting . This will work on ether mode . 8" coil will get a dime at 12"

hello!.mark!
i hear ya!..perhaps if i was a little more patient,it may work for me as well!..(h.h!)

j.t.

hi tinfoil!
perhaps you are right!..i was a little over zealous in my criticism
of the detector's ability to perform!..apparently i cant see the forest because the trees are in the way!..perhaps sticking to old church grounds,and old picnic areas,along with being more patient with its usage in a modern area will make me appreciate its attributes more!..i apologize to one and all!..i made an honest mistake,and spoke WITHOUT having any EXPERIENCE WORKING WITH THE DETECTOR!..obviously the detector HAS to be learned just like ALL detectors,and i WAS wrong!..that IS what this forum is all about,so we can share information,and LEARN from each other!..(h.h!

regards!
john taylor

hi kackpine!
yes i am already familiar with all that you have stated been around the hobby for along time,and i realize now that i misspoke,and apologise for my lack of sensitivity!..your comments are noted,and i appreciate and respect your opinion!..thanks!

(h.h!
regards!
john taylor

hi jackpine!
yes i am already familiar with all that you have stated been around the hobby for along time,and i realize now that i misspoke,and apologise for my lack of sensitivity!..your comments are noted,and i appreciate and respect your opinion!..thanks!

(h.h!
regards!
john taylor

do and what it was made for. Lets put it this way. You can hunt a old spot and dig the targets that will not be dug by most guys with other machines with just putting it in the enhanced mode and digging the high tones. You can hunt the beach by just putting it in the Salt mode. You can hunt new areas by putting it in the Salt mode. You can hunt the old/new places by hunting in the enhanced mode getting the high tone pinpointing the target seeing what the depth is ( which don't always work for a old target because some old targets can be shallow too) flipping the sw. to Salt and looking at the target again. If it still a high tone then dig. If it changes then remember how deep the target is. If deep dig or don't dig. Me hell I am 63 and digging ain't no problem. I need the exercise. :D: :D: :clapping: I would hate for you to see how much trash I dig even with the enhanced mode and I know what I am doing with the machine. Most of the time I already know what it is but, it is those times that I just completely miss the whole damn boat that keeps me digging. Never expect to much in this hobby and you will dig some of the most fantastic targets you ever dreamed of digging and still wonder why it toned or sounded or ID ed that way. There is a lot of head and butt scratching in this little hobby of ours. Beside it is the only hobby that pays you back. When was the last time a Bass coughed up a Civil War button or any old relic or Diamond ring for your wife or girlfriend or coin for that matter. Nothing wrong with digging Clad either. :D: :D: Later Jerry aka Tinfoil

digging targets that give high tones in heavy trash sounds like the smart play,however as you pointed out you have to have the patience of job,and not mind all the digging,and toggling back amd forth to try to determine what you have!.i am sure this approach can be successful if you slow down,and have a lot of time to hunt!as you mentioned learning the idiosyncrasies of the cz 3d is paramount!

(h.h!)

j.t

Learn it well. Then hunting in the open, no cluttered areas, will be a piece of cake. Besides getting out and metal Detecting is like escaping from captivity. Just think about it, all that is in your life at the moment is a little beep and trying to decide what that little beep is telling you. Life can not be any more simple then that. The ultimate in escaping from everything. What could be better. :D: :D: :clapping: HH Jerry aka Tinfoil

couldn't agree more tinfoil,hell at the present rate we are progressing,you and me will be married soon!..hehehehe!..seriously,i echo those sentiments exactly!..all the world's cares just slip away,and it's just you,the detector,and mother nature!i tell you the truth,with the crap that's goin' on in the world today,i treasure every moment i can get out!..(h.h!)

regards!
john taylor