Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CTX Tones & Target ID's Unstable - Help Please. :confused:

mattysiam said:
The vendor seems 100% legit to me. It was listed as brand new, and from the state it arrived in it was brand new, no question. If anyone wants the link of where I bought it online in the UK. send me an email and I'll reply with info, I don't think I'm allowed to post it under this thread.

Still waiting for Minelab AU to look into the warranty issue for me. I'd be surprised if they come back and tell me it's no longer under warranty.

Re the firmware, I'll check it this evening if I get time, it's high season now where I am and my business is taking all the spare hours I have right now. I don't have access to a windows machine, and last time I checked Xchange was only available for Windows. I have Macs at home, at work, and it's weird, but everyone I know has a Mac. Still, I can still update the firmware I think, but without Xchange. I will also check the "Hacking the CTX" thread. Thanks for all the info and advice.
k

Not sure you can update the firmware on a Mac unless the Mac has a version of Windows loaded using Bootcamp or Parallels!

I installed windows on one of my Macs with Bootcamp and can now use Xchange2. Now I remember why I switched to Mac about 15 years ago! Anyway, the machine has the current firmware installed.

Update: Issue is still ongoing and dragging on and on.

My local Authorised Minelab Service Centre is in KL, Malaysia. The email replies from them have been patchy at best, and often only after I send follow up emails as there's been no response. They are very polite though. I first contacted them on 19th November. Yesterday (03rd December) I was told yes, my CTX and the coil are under warranty, and then suggested I send it to Minelab in Australia. That's like two weeks it's taken to be told that.

Still haven't been able to test with another coil. I've been trying hard to buy the 17" CTX coil, but, Minelab won't ship to Thailand via Amazon, and I spoke with a Thailand reseller last week, and five days later I'm still waiting for prices for the 17" coil for the CTX, the rechargeable battery and charger for the CTX, and also an Equinox 800 I want to get for the Mrs. The supposed delivery date for all this was Friday 7th December, but was told today it isn't gonna happen.

It seems although I'm really trying hard, it's impossible to give Minelab my money, because I live in Thailand.

My next email is to Minelab Australia, to see how I go about sending them the CTX and coil. Do I have to pay for the shipping to Australia? Questions like that.

Matt...the way it should work is this. Since the machine is under warranty,ML should send you an RMA(Return Merchandise Authorization) slip and you use that as your shipping label,no money out of pocket necessary. Odd that ML is so slow to service Thailand,as I had thought for some reason that some of it’s manufacturing was done there...but I could be wrong about that. Time to get on the PHONE,ask to speak to someone who knows English very well,and explain that the machine seems to be malfunctioning and needs service IMMEDIATELY. This has gone on too long already and should’ve been resolved some time ago...

Matt,
I don't have a dog in this fight but I purchased my CTX3030 brand new from a dealer in Georgia. I live in South Carolina. Came with stock coil, WM10, Minelab
Battery Pack, Head Phones, and a empty battery pack to use over the counter AA batteries for which I have been using rechargeables. I later bought the huge
17" coil (I think that's the size) and the small coil at a different time used in very trashy areas. That small coil would not "communicate" with my machine.
I called the dealer in Georgia where I bought my detector and the coil and he sent me a brand new small coil to replace it. Never asked me for the original one
back and I still have it and it still does not work but replacement did. Paid $1500.00 for everything but the 2 extra coils, including some other goodies I did not
mention. That was in 2015. Yesterday my machine started doing everything yours is doing, exactly. I looked and my battery was in the red just before shutting
down. It was all over the place. Went back to the truck and got some fresh rechargeables and back to digging with no issues. It sounds to me like it's one of
2 things. Either you have picked up some flakes of rust in your coil cover or something is happening to your voltage from the battery box to the head. I know
from my experience yesterday that mine was all over the place and I couldn't pinpoint nothing, the numbers were jumping everywhere even over good targets
because I went back and dug them up after installing the fresh batteries. Had mine now for 4 years and no issue with it other than the bad coil which was
replaced free of charge.
Good luck
Glenn

Maybe it's just me, but if the machine is faulty then why not deal directly with the Ebay seller?

I suspect that if they are a dealer (as you kind of indicated), that they would look after you. If they don't, then I would try and deal with Ebay directly for some help........although it could be too long ago now??

Failing that, I would be all over ML to get this sorted out right away. If this is a legit purchase (sold as new warranted as new) then you shouldn't be getting the run around that you are.

I hope the problem gets resolved quickly for you. The CTX is a great machine, and you are just wasting time on what should be a simple fix (in my opinion).

Good luck.

Thanks for that info Glen. That’s interesting, as I’ll explain later.

Still having a bit of a nightmare with this issue. It’s been with Minelab now since before Xmas. There’s more details to add, will update when I have more, time.