Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coyote! ..................

Mike and I saw a wolf, my first, crossing the highway up in BC this last fall!!

have coyotes to but not near as many as you folks out west and south. Our coyotes are a light gray and silver, they are smart, they stay hidden but every now and then you will see one or hear one. Their are many hunters in Wisconsin and the coyote knows it so they stay hidden.

I just watched a program about wolves and coyotes on the history channel, wolves will hunt down a coyote for many miles and kill it, we have wolves here in Wisconsin also but they do not attack our farmers cows or beef steers, they mostly hunt deer, they stay away from the farms because they know man lives their.

I like the wolves, they are not perfect but they will not enter a farm and kill live stock, they prey on the weak out in the woods unlike a coyote who will attack anything it thinks it can kill and eat.

If I lived west where coyotes were I would have a well fed Wolf or a Alaskan Husky, they will keep the coyote at bay, good post Kelley, I enyoyed it, thank you.

General Ray

will decrease. I suspect it is the same with wolves and coyotes. Most of the coyotes down here are a tan color, very little grey color ones. Up in the "Hill Country" they tend to be a grey color.

Some folks down here have tried to use a big dog to guard the cow herd, but the coyotes will lure the dog away, then gang up and kill the dog. Most "tree huggers" feel sorry for the coyote, but the coyote is a cold blooded killer. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

It's about time you wrote a story! This was very interesting, and I know I have heard the howl of a coyote, but it was far in the distance! I have never seen a live one and probably do not want to if they are as mean as you say!

Trudie is starting to get a bit "snappy", maybe she is part coydog???? :)

I am taking my boat, and we are going to the areas that are harder to check out since they are only accessible by water..... but there should be arrowheads there.

Calm seas

M

hog panels covered with chicken wire across the top. No coyotes, but once I had a massacre when I first completed my second pen. I had a tree growing throught the middle and never thought that anything could get in or out, but I was wrong. Something killed 6 of my chickens but I take the blaim for it. I stuffed some loose chicken wire around the tree and now I'm good to go. It was probably coons.

Thanks for an interesting story.

Lil Brother:)

I live in town but there's about 120 acres directly across the street that's woods. It's designated as wetlands and is grown up so bad it's hard to walk through but there are lots of deer in it, and coyotes. They can be heard yapping most nights but I've only seen one so far. They get my old dog Bangles stirred up with all the yapping, she barks at them and wakes us up. Not good when I have to be at work at 5:30 in the mornings.

n/t

you hit one with a 30-30...no more coyote! I usually kept an old Remington .222 behind the kitchen door to use if one came into the yard...good for shooting skunks too! Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)