Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Couple beach hunts at my local spots one gives up big silver

Mark kus

I’ve been hitting the beaches fishing has been not good except for blackfish .
Got a nice sterling ring and a sterling earring and another small sterling sand dollar shaped piece of jewelry.
I went back to a river spot for a mercury dime and a barber mercury was a 1942 and the barber was a 1903. Today I stopped at a spot that I’ve done real well at and had a few old worn pennies then a nice deep hood high tone but not like on in the soil it’s a totally different ball game in the saltwater you have to dig the good not so good signals because of how the silver breaks down sure enough over 10” down in the hard packed clay mud was a Ben Franklin half totally crusted over this is why the signals are not the best most would probably never fig the coins I dig up because it’s not a great sounding signal it was a Ben Franklin half and a silver Rosie worn so thin in with the Franklin I’ve included photos of before and after the removal of the crust the coin lost about half its original weight! Compared to the Franklin it just dug in the ground lots of clad quarters dimes pennies I throw out their so toasted.
Using my manticore beach low conductor with my 9” coil which is probably not coming off.
Thanks for looking oh found the bracelet at work it turned out to be a co worker very sentimental to her she was glad to get it back!
HH
Mark

Attachments

• IMG_4323.jpeg
    IMG_4323.jpeg
    158.2 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_4324.jpeg
    IMG_4324.jpeg
    182.3 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_4325.jpeg
    IMG_4325.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_4327.jpeg
    IMG_4327.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_4329.jpeg
    IMG_4329.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_4330.jpeg
    IMG_4330.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_4334.jpeg
    IMG_4334.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_4335.jpeg
    IMG_4335.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_4307.jpeg
    IMG_4307.jpeg
    260.3 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_4288.jpeg
    IMG_4288.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Nice finds Mark! What kind of signal did the Blackfish give? 🤭

This time of year is tough I’m fishing or metal detecting lol thanks guys Ted i just tap them and the crust comes off
Mark

Last edited:
Cool. Thanks Mark.
What's so much better about it ?
Over stock and the little 4×6 coil ?
I really like that little coil.
It’s a lot lighter and I really like it in the water a lot less drag too I don’t notice much if any difference in depth loss to
Mark