Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coil ? for some one from whites

Jason in TN

How may different coils do you have ready or redone for the vision. I want a 3X6 but I want to wait until
one is ready that can be used with the transmit boost. If you have the feature I want to be able to use it.

Thanks
Jason

My Super12, 4x6" DD, and 5.3" coils all work well with my Vision, and none have the "V" designation. There has never been a 3x6" coil to my knowledge.

pteal said:
My Super12, 4x6" DD, and 5.3" coils all work well with my Vision, and none have the "V" designation. There has never been a 3x6" coil to my knowledge.

Ooops i was thinking 4x6 do not know why I said 3X6. Will all of these work with the transmit boost on.

Jason

I haven't tried any with the TX boost on yet because I haven't felt comfortable enough to start adjusting those settings. I'm not really sure what the difference between turning the TX boost on, and increasing the RX gain will be. So far I've just been using the Coin & Jewelry program, and adjusting the RX gain. I've been finding some coins at 8" or a little bit more, and I'm hopeful that I'll be able to get a little more depth out of it when I start playing around with those other settings.

I'll definitely try the TX boost out with those coils the next time that I'm out though, and I'll let you know what I find.

Although Whites doesn't make a 3x6 coil, I wish they did! I'd love a round coil that's 3x3" or so. That would be great in some of the really trashy ares that I hit.

pteal said:
I haven't tried any with the TX boost on yet because I haven't felt comfortable enough to start adjusting those settings. I'm not really sure what the difference between turning the TX boost on, and increasing the RX gain will be. So far I've just been using the Coin & Jewelry program, and adjusting the RX gain. I've been finding some coins at 8" or a little bit more, and I'm hopeful that I'll be able to get a little more depth out of it when I start playing around with those other settings.

I'll definitely try the TX boost out with those coils the next time that I'm out though, and I'll let you know what I find.

Although Whites doesn't make a 3x6 coil, I wish they did! I'd love a round coil that's 3x3" or so. That would be great in some of the really trashy ares that I hit.

Thanks for the info Hope some one from whites will tell us what coils are ready for the Vision. Had heard some of the old ones will not work with the TX boost.
No use to have this feature if you can not use it. I will wait to get the changed coils before I buy. TX boost sends more power to the coil. RX gain boost received signal
if I understand these settings.

That's how I understand the RX gain/TX boost relationship as well. I'm just not sure yet why increasing the TX would be better than increasing the RX. Maybe the detector would receive less outside interference if the RX gain was turned down. I'm looking forward to trying it out.

pteal said:
That's how I understand the RX gain/TX boost relationship as well. I'm just not sure yet why increasing the TX would be better than increasing the RX. Maybe the detector would receive less outside interference if the RX gain was turned down. I'm looking forward to trying it out.

The TX should push the signal deeper in ground with light mineralization. RX would only increase the signal received.

The 10"DD, 950, and 300 (12") loops are all currently V-compatible.

The 4x6 Shooter, 5.3 concentric, and 6x10 DD coils are next in line. We are currently checking the tuning on the Shooter now. There is a slight problem... loop production has been running so hot on keeping up with V orders that there has been little time left for accessory loops. But we will get them out ASAP.

Older Eclipse loops generally work fine on V, with the possible exception of overloading on TX Boost. However, I have seen older loops that work fine even with TX Boost. So if you need a loop NOW, see if your local dealer has several in stock, take your Vision in, and try to find one that works in TX Boost.

- Carl

utahshovelhead said:
Would anyone know if the 14 inch excellorator coil that works on a minelabe will work on the vision..they are both double D right?

No, coils for other brands won't work on V.