Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coil breaking

chuckciao said:
Mega said:
I received my 'Coil ear support' today as well,works a treat,2 options are available one for the 6'' coil and the 2nd one for the 11'' and 15'' coil,it does exactly what is says on the tin.For a small outlay and i mean small it reduces the possibility of the lugs breaking 'almost' to zero !! great cheap investment me thinks.

Mega,

Could you please share a tip on how we can order these?

Chuck,bearing in mind that mine came from a UK company and me being from the UK i am not 100% sure if they are available in the US but i would think that thy would be.I dont want to get into trouble with the forum and i dont sell them either but a guide for them can be found with part no 233387460786 on Fleabay,they also do a 6'' version and a broken lug adaptor if one of the lugs has broken off........of course other sellers as i understand it are starting to sell these as well....from what i have learnt that that had been originally designed by someone in Russia and they provided the free printout details so that anyone with a 3d printer can produce them.

Mine was shipped from Magnolia, Texas and ordered on Thursday and I received them on Tuesday.
Not sure if I can post it here.

https://www.detectingdoodads.com/store/c1/Featured_Products.html

Donut said:
Mine was shipped from Magnolia, Texas and ordered on Thursday and I received them on Tuesday.

Thanks I just ordered one quick and easy!
Mark

Donut said:

Ordered mine Tuesday will be here friday.
Love the red look, Can't wait to get it.

I waited on posting here until checked them out and I am very happy with them and I think It about doubles the strength of the ears unless someone were to tighten the bolt really really tight..
for the cost of a new coil it’s worth the insurance. If you were to break the ears you’re done something stupid.
There are two types, one for the 6”: and the other one for the 11”:and 15”. The ears on the 6” are actually thinner than the ones on the 11” and 15” .
Doug

Donut said:
I waited on posting here until checked them out and I am very happy with them and I think It about doubles the strength of the ears unless someone were to tighten the bolt really really tight..
for the cost of a new coil it’s worth the insurance. If you were to break the ears you’re done something stupid.
There are two types, one for the 6”: and the other one for the 11”:and 15”. The ears on the 6” are actually thinner than the ones on the 11” and 15” .
Doug

Doug, thanks for sharing the info. On the red coil ear support device. I saw a video on YTube where a user of the device indicated that it did not work on his shaft. Did you have problems with it fitting your shaft? Thanks

Nope fit perfectly and maybe a minute each.
Maybe the video was another brand.
On the ones I got they marked on the bottom with a marker that says 6” or 11”.

Doug

He right now is in the process og updating his web sight adding the support for broken ears. So if anyone is having trouble loading it that is why.

I just got one really beefs up the ears !!! I like it a lot don’t hesitate to get one iMHO worth the $15.00
Mark

FYI
Depending on what type "material" those coil stiffeners are made of (from a 3D printer), they may not last very long when exposed to sunlight (UV rays). The material can become brittle and prone to breaking. There is 3D material that is not UV sensitive.

rc1313 said:
FYI
Depending on what type "material" those coil stiffeners are made of (from a 3D printer), they may not last very long when exposed to sunlight (UV rays). The material can become brittle and prone to breaking. There is 3D material that is not UV sensitive.
Lather on some sunscreen

Correct but I don’t think it will hurt because there is actually no strain on it. It just rests yo against the existing coil ears and just helps support it.
I have one on each coil and I do think they do help greatly.

Doug

Good idea , I like that. Lol

No I can’t do pictures here but I can send you a link to his web site , can’t post it here.

Doug

I just sent you a message u

Nice and I ordered one just for security reasons. Thanks for picture

No problem , Like one of the other user's said i use it for support just trying to avoid me having
to send a coil back. Took a little getting that dam screw to go through the holes.
My opinion it's worth getting one.

it's worth $20.00 saves a lot of grief in the long run.