Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Chatham Light.....Cape Cod and all the wonderful Lighthouses by RJ are here!

it is really appreciated that you take the time to give us these great tours. Thank you sincerely!

n/t

n/t

n/t

when i see the lighthose from inside i think about all the bricks the mason's laid and the craftsmanship that went into building it.

I'll be back later today to look them all over and read. Your in lighhouse heaven there. No matter how many you see, each one is different and still captures ones imagination. When we stayed on Pine Island in Groton in the summer I could hear Race Rock Lighthouse hooter and Southwest ledge lighthouse. Loved that sound, still do..... Those and the sound of the gulls are two sounds I miss up here in the woods of Windham.

Great post...

George-CT

or it would not be there to start with... Is that and old car down below that cliff in the next to last picture?

Most around here are automated now. I bet the men that maned them were not to happy over that. Looked like good duty to me. Sure better than on a light ship out to sea.

Geo

I hope they continue to keep them up as historic places of interest. I would hate to see just a steel light on a tower replace them. There is one I used to go see in Charleston, SC when I went detecting. It had been abandoned and was leaning over. Where I hiked into it, there was and old station there but that had got to rack and ruin also and just the footings were left. Pretty sure I have a picture of it on my laptop. I'll dig it out...

George-CT PS, need any snow up your way, I have plenty here if your down on it.............LOL

have froze my butt off just looking at them!!

We have lighthouses on the great lakes too but I don't know if any are active any more. I have toured some of them and was amazed at the isolation and how small they really are inside. Winter has to be rough for those keepers for sure.

Nice series of pictures for sure. I enjoyed them and thanks for taking the time to share them with us land lubbers