Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Caution with Disc

Field test and air test are ok, because they give different information, although not really accurate, but informative never the less. The best test is to get an ID number or tone and dig. After doing a lot of digging you start to get a picture. Two theories, to pick and choose or to dig everything. If you pick and choose you might miss some good stuff but you don't dig as much and don't learn as much. If you dig everything you do a lot of digging and get everything, plus a lot of junk, and learn more about your machine.
As for areas with a lot of iron you have a choice, you can go to another area, or you can hunt among the iron, and the T2 is very good in the iron. Most people with other detectors will usually go to another area. If you know there is some good stuff among the iron, and you have easy access to the area, and the time you can start digging the iron and clearing it out, then you can find the good stuff.
The T2 is like any other detector you are always learning something, even years after you buy one. Thats why the form is so important, because you can learn through others experience. Go forth and dig.

Matt, I disagree with you. Using the same types of experiments in discrimination and sensitivity, I have two other machines that will pass this same test hands down which will provide the operator with just enough information to dig. This is with two square nails and a cuff button in between held in the same hand. The machines both of them which have been mentioned before by me, will hit the button in many positions and ignore the iron nails. I think Gary did a test at his site which demonstrates this better than my explanation here.

Now with the T2, and the earlier posts- the key to it is if you get a consistent signal, you have to dig- when I say that, I mean in the higher tones depending upon which disc mode you are using. It is starting to do better in certain areas with depth. Now, for those areas blanketed with iron nails, with signals in between, that is a challenge for most detectors which will test many machines.

If there were over 50 huts, and with each hut had about 50+ nails, and that is only in certain areas, you can imagine how dense those square nails are in addition to the already mineralized soil. This is a challenge for me, and the machines that I use. Will the machine provide me enough information to dig, or will I become confused because the machine is giving me conflicting information? Too many sounds and no consistency?

the actual correlation between air and ground is easy to find ,jump off a plane without a parachute .that makes as much sense as this thread :argue::rofl: