Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Canadian coins in South Texas...............

n/t

Fred there are many millions of people hours spent in Bear country (which encompasses all of BC and most of Canada) for every attack or incident.
I have had a number of experiences because my lifestyle of hunting/guiding put me in situations directing involving them, which most people never do.

I am sure that Mike will agree that around his farm he is never more than a few hundred yards or a mile from a bear on any given day other than winter and only rarely even sees one. I have never been "afraid" of a Black bear, cautious and prepared for sure. They are 99% cowards and quite easily scared off as a rule. Being afraid of a wild black Bear to us is kind of like being afraid of a Ferrari in city traffic, more chance of breaking your neck on a deadfall or rock pile. "Park Bears" on the other hand have little fear and need to be watched.

Grizzlies are also rarely a problem for people who know the woods and take precautions. With Grizz i am sorta like the trapper in the "Jeremiah Johnson" movie who said......"lost? nope never been lost, was turned around for a year or so once.....":lol:

don't think there is anything really rare in my box full. Mikie did, however, give me a very special dime, 1913 the year my daddy was born. I carry it with me in my purse every day, ... it is my "good luck" charm.

Get off your butt and come to Canada with me in April! Then you won't have to just "dream about it". Especially since Royal has dumped me and decided to let me leave before he gets there.

You would love it there, for sure. Heck, you might had rather go with His Highness tho. So be sure and get there THE DAY AFTER I LEAVE if you feel this way, tho!!! :rant:

I am a poor retired fella with nobody to give me money :razz:

cost me to change my departure date. Besides, Mikie and Alice will probably be ready to get rid of me when it's time for me to go!!! :)

you just don't want to be kicked out of that bed :D

I doubt they would tire of you. Heck, you ain't up and around until noon anyway:wiggle:

We are both pretty tough when you are wimping out and gonna run home before I get there, huh?

Well you better be a going home or your better half will punish you:rofl:

we always got plenty in change and still just use them like real money. We also play Monopoly with the stuff, light fires and such.

I do like the idea of Loonies and Toonies and such. Best we can figure on finding is a dang quarter, I hear that is a changing but in Canada they know how to make a coin.

every week. But out of necessity, that's what we lived on growing up, and I did not eat it for a long time. Now, I do like it if it is prepared correctly.

I loved the moose meat I had at Mikie and Alice's when I was there, and hope to have some more this time. One thing about it......you didn't go hungry around their house!!!!! :)