Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Camel Humps

ronpa1

Used the V3 for 3 months now, one thing I noticed in the analize screen, Silver hits green camel hump in the 22.5 freq, clad quarter hits in the 22.5 freq, nickel hits in the 22.5 freq, if its pure silver and in your analize mode why won't it hit or hump in the 2.5 freq?

Mine doesn't do this. Do you have pictures?

Mine look like the pictures George ( Fox) showed you.
[attachment 180948 2010-11-29_094803.jpg][attachment 180949 2010-11-29_094825.jpg]

You never answered, what does your screen look like? Don't leave us hanging.

Yes my screen looks like yours Rob, what Im saying is they hump in the 22.5 khz...so does mine, but if you hit on pure silver why doesn't the green hump ...Hump in the 2.5 khz?

Post a picture of what you are talking about??? A silver dime or quarter gives me 2.5 dominate hump. Show us yours. Maybe I don't understand what you are talking about. Picture 1 is what a sliver coins looks like. ( the green is humping)

I just tried a silver dime and it looks like picture 1, except because the dime is smaller, the humps are not as wide.????

Is it possible that ron is expecting to see only one hump when he is seeing all three frequencies humping on his tests. He needs to be looking for the dominant frequency that the coil is going over. Personally I don't use the humps. Herm

I don't know. He will have to tell us what he expects to see. As I said a picture is worth a 1000 words. A picture with him passing a silver coin over the coil would help. There has to be some misunderstanding.

I am only guessing at this and maybe I shouldn't...but...

1. Make sure you are not using single 22.5 freq.
2. Make sure you have the color green set for 2.5 freq.
3. Make sure you have a good ground balance.. I had this issue once when I wasnt properly balanced)
4. Make sure you are using a Whites coil. (had this issue also when using a butterfly coil.
5. Make sure you are pausing a second before you analyze and sweep directly over the target.

Good guess Magic but he says his screen looks like the posted pictures, Then he says why don't it hump in 2.5, but the first picture does. That's the part that is confusing. I don't understand what he expects to see. First picture, dime, green on top. Second picture, nickel, blue on top. I'm lost.

OK...let me try to explain...I get the exact same hunps in green over a silver coin. BUT my question is it along with the red and blue humps, all 2 show humps in the 22.5 dominant frequency. In the analysis mode you have 2.5 then 7.5 then 22.5 in the analysis screen right. Well if it hits on a silver or even a clad quarter why wouldn't it show up like the analize screen on thr right in the pic? Thats My question...Sorry for the confusion maybe its a technical thing with Whites...Thanks

It's all in the color code, not where the humps are located. GREEN IS 2.5 MHZ , RED IS 7.5 MHZ AND BLUE IS 22.5 MHZ. The 2.5 MHZ 7.5 MHZ and 22.5 MHZ at the top is just for reference.

ldhrelics said:
It's all in the color code, not where the humps are located. GREEN IS 2.5 MHZ , RED IS 7.5 MHZ AND BLUE IS 22.5 MHZ. The 2.5 MHZ 7.5 MHZ and 22.5 MHZ at the top is just for reference.

Exactly (except in kHz rather than MHz, but who's counting :) ). The position of the hump on the screen has nothing to do with the legend at the top of the screen - the 22.5k in the legend was just lucky enough to be near the center of the screen.

Thanks for following through with the drawing. I would have never guessed this what you were talking about. Now at least the problem is solved. The 3 numbers causing you a problem can be turned off by unchecking TITLE. You already know what color is what frequency.

Yes...Im sorry if I wasn't clear, Been having much success with the V3, on the way home from a hunt I just thought Gee, why doesn't the Green hump appear in the 2.5 instead of the 22.5. I think I may watch the video again. Not that it matters The V3 is working thats what counts, plus all the help from this forum

Watch for tight, narrow humps or wide humps... watch the depth and compare it to the width of the humps to help determine the target size. More silver should make the green hump a bit higher than the other humps. I have had targets that showed the wrong humps but you can check it with the "ground probe" screen too and usually I find that the correct frequencies are dominant on the GP even if they are wrong on the analize screen... I cannot remember what particular targets were wrong on the analize screen but I do remember that they were still correct on the GP screen (I have not used the V3 in a while but I have the battery charged and plan to get back to it this week).

One of the stock programs has different colors for the three frequencies, Hi Pro I think... I changed mine to the colors that all the other programs use, I did not like the black etc. If you aren't sure about the colors just keep a quarter in your pocket to throw down and remind yourself. Personally I always carry a silver quarter, mercury dime, Jefferson nickle, wheatie, and a zinc in my watchpocket. I usually start my hunt with a quick sweep of the coins just to prime my eyes and ears to the tone and the VDI and the analize ... no matter what detector I am using. I also carry some minnies, coat and cuff buttons, carbine bullets, and some other things packed with cotton in pill bottles in my truck. If I am at a place with CW relics Itake them out before the hunt and refresh myself about exactly how they sound and read... it helps a lot and it especially helps if you use multiple detectors and it only takes a minute to do.

Julien

Woops....................................

The drawing regards to the humps & not the title - and both humps are Green>Red>Blue. I'm not seeing the difference. The green is dominate as I would expect for a quarter.
I think I'm getting more confused instead of less. The drawings look typical to me. Humping as should be...:confused:

Problem solved post closed. Read other closed post[attachment 181061 2010-11-30_191901.jpg]