Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

boost !?

mariowhite's

hi,
I tried to activate the boost with coin and jeverly, but I always measure the same depth, tests in air, because?
Regards

Turning Boost on does not mean you will always have anything to gain, sometimes your ground conditions will not allow it. Like in my ground, I get signal saturation, much like turning on your bright lights in the fog, for an example.

Larry, how do you know when that happens, what should one look for?

One, I misread your question.....you were measuring the depth, not trying to get more depth......DUH. Boost will not help you with the measured depth. Boost triples the voltage to the coil to put more signal in the ground. If your ground is very mineralized, TX more power will only return more ground noise and mask the target return, making things worse, not better. Often resulting in overload.

I usually don't use boost on my V3. The soils in my area are too mineralized and I see that the signal loss is too high. I still get great depth without it, deeper than my DFX. I tried Tx boost in a couple of parks where the soil was OK. There was too much trash for boost so I left it off. It seems to smear the signals when there is a lot of trash and targets around. Sometimes I switch boost on when I am deciding on whether to dig a deep iffy target. I give it a few sweeps with boost on to see if I get a clearer picture of what it is.

I never use the boost on mine. I have used the RX all the way up to 15 but have never had the need to use it. I hunt for coins and I have found coins 8-10 with RX on 8!