Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Big Coils and Coin Depth.

professor-tones

I recently bought a NEL 14 x 13 Coil for my fisher F75. Does anyone think these larger coils really do go any deeper on coins. I can't seem to see much of a difference between the standard coil
that comes on the F75 and this Big 13 x 14 coil.

I have a Nel 12" X 13" Tornado coil that I purchased in 2019. The mistake I made when I first started hunting with it is that I thought I was going to suddenly start finding coins 3" or more deeper than the F75 factory coil. The actual added depth is more like 3/4" to 1". As we all know this can be the difference between digging a target or completely missing it. The main advantage I have found with this larger coil is the extra ground coverage it provides on each swing. Ground Balance can be somewhat challenging at times. I can honestly say I have found coins with it that I would have missed with the stock coil. It would probably go a fair amount deeper on large non coin size targets.