Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Best low-end detector...

ChicagoJohn said:
All I can think is Garrett ACE 350 and I heard lot of good on this machine! Next would be AT Pro if you don't mind to spent few more dollars!
I bought my son a 350 and he loves it. Great quality and he has actually outhunted me and I swing an Etrac.

My top three would be , compadre , silver umax, f2

NOT a 250.

Because ( and I did own one) Sold it!

Target I'd only

Horrid bell tones

Slow recovery speed

Worked great to find penny's

Was useless on Canadian coins.......except pennys

I found enough with my compadre to get a nice mid level machine ( $460 just in gold within six months) but I don't feel I have to upgrade with the compadre

cladcanada said:
I found enough with my compadre to get a nice mid level machine ( $460 just in gold within six months) but I don't feel I have to upgrade with the compadre

Ain't that the truth.

tabman

cladcanada said:
My top three would be , compadre , silver umax, f2

NOT a 250.

Because ( and I did own one) Sold it!

Target I'd only

Horrid bell tones

Slow recovery speed

Worked great to find penny's

Was useless on Canadian coins.......except pennys

The Silver uMax and Compadre are simple- BUT very effective. A lot of bang for the buck.

ace 250 and 350 are good coin machines but there not well balanced i had a 350 for a year and came home with a sore arm if i used it for more than a few hours i sold it and got a fisher f70 and it was so much better, light and well balanced and much deeper like the others are saying if you can spend a little more you will be happier or if you cant spend more i would go with fisher or tecknetics machine gl

I have never used one but in reading the reviews that others have posted the Teknetics Eurotek Pro might be one that would interest you. They seem to offer a lot of detector for your buck.