Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Best coinshooting machine

Just my two cents, the vaquero is a great coin shooter but only has one tone but I find coins almost every time I go out. Once you learn the vaquero you can clean house!! I also dig foil so not to pass gold and nickles . I found an 1885 V nickle by an old church that had been passed up because people don't like to dig pop tops and foil. The V is a great all around detector but digging all repeatable signals is the key . It is amazing what some people walk over. I set mine above iron and dig every thing that gives a repeatable signal. Mind you, I do dig a lot of trash but also a lot of nickles and a few gold rings to. Over all I think it is just location and knowing your machine .

Great insight guys! Thanks for all the great feedback on your detector expertise! It has been very beneficial in my decision making process to purchase a new machine. I am still undecided at this time if I should upgrade or just stick with my good old silver umax that has produced very well for me over the past year. Thanks again.

DLKAMP

I must be honest and admit I started to respond in much the same way you did and decided not too. You probably put it better than I would have.
Pap

About when they say the Golden don't do well on jewlery. It is excellent on jewlery. For us that have hunted with the Golden for a lot of years it is excellent on coins, relics, ,buttons, silver, copper and anything else of value. Mine is hotter then a $2.00 pistole.:hot:It is no slouch on depth if you send it to Teosor and ask Rusty to juice it up and send hime the coils you want him to cal the detector to. Not to even mention super tuning the detector. You can even adjust your machine to your area on the G/B for better performance. These guys say there V and C's have that sweet audio on only one tone on good targets. Well guess what, the Golden has it on all the tones especially on the Gold. So you guys that want to thumb the dis. go ahead I will have it Tone IDed dug and out of the hole while most are still thumbing the Dis to try and figuare out what they are about to dig. You just can't beat that Tesoro sweet audio on the good targets. I got a 9" dime on edge in my coin garden a big power transformer about 60 ft from the dime and up on a pole along with the power lines and usually one of two air conditiones running. I can hit that dime with my 4" coil and my 5.75" coil. Hell I got $1000 dollar detectors that struggle to hit that dime with 10" coils on. So some of these guys are doing nothing but blowing smoke. For us old guys that know how to use and what to listen for with the Golden it will put some high dollar detectors to shame and I ought to know I got some of the high dollar detectors. You are 100% correctoamundo on your Golden comments Daivid. :thumbup: :D: :D:

"So you guys that want to thumb the disc, go ahead. I will have it Tone ID'ed, dug and out of the hole - while most are still thumbing the DISC to try and figure out what they are about to dig..."

This is an interesting point. As you note here, those who only have progressive DISC (as found on the Vaquero and other such instruments), usually end up "twiddling" the DISC anyway. Soon this "thumb-driven TID" process becomes a matter of habit. I do it today and have done it since my very first detector, a Silver Sabre II.

I call it "ID Ranging," and it seems to be a natural offshoot of the hunt process. In other words, your inclination is to be sure of your target, whether shooting a gun or detecting. What it does, all this twiddling, is it gives a you an approximation of the conductivity range.

In your mind, you are saying to yourself,
"That target cuts out around nickle (or pulltab or whatever) - so it must be that, or something like it."

For those who don't know it, this is what the Golden does, too... but without the twiddling. It simply mimics this process with audio tones.

Dont fear the Golden - embrace it!

This is turning into a PlSSlNG CONTEST.

I'll be glad to be the SOB that doesn't know what he's talking about.But:

Mine's better than yours. Ha Ha Ha.

And I can pee farther too.:poke:

HH,

DSC04340.jpg

I think ya got too much free time Tabdog :rofl:. I enjoy your posts even your serious ones. It is getting closer & closer up here to where I can get out, the snow is melting and suppose to get up to about 60 degrees tomorrow. I have to see if I can get my new Vaquero started, I might have to hook up the jumper cables to it, it has been in the closet for too long. Have a good one! Steve.

Oh Boy!

The Tabdog brought out his prototype Long Distance Locator again...

He winding up for some real Arkie yarns now!

HH

Golden when coinshooting in medium to heavy trash with the 5.75 Concentric. My Golden is hotter than a two barrel pistol and found me a semi key date 97-s Barber half last year in a median strip. It's just unbeatable and one of the most enjoyable detectors I have ever used! It's a keeper.

Ray(Ca)

n/t