Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Battery Type--does it ever matter?

Does any condition or circumstance exist where it is advantageous to use alkaline batteries in the V3 instead of the rechargeable, or vice versa? I have a detecting buddy who has an "alkaline only" philosophy and he does very well, but I like the rechargeable battery better.

Also, with the wireless headphones, is there any difference in performance between alkaline batteries and rechargeables?

Thanks,

Mike

Can't ever remember hearing that one could actually out perform the other. They do "plateau" differently but in the end...whats the diff.? I'm doubled up with both types of rechargables (and do still have an alkaline pack) so low batteries can never be an issue. Next time out, I'll give the alkalines a go to see. Guess the V3 flat eats through 'em though. Home Depot rules on battery pricing.

There will be no performance difference in the detector. The detector uses a voltage regulator and as long as the voltage remains about the voltage of the regulator all is fine. Remember you have to compare the two types using the same size batteries. I believe the factory pack is 1600ma and I build a rechargeable pack using 2500mah rechargeables so it lasts longer but there is not performance difference. I built the pack using the rechargeables from my Mxt so they are over 3 years old and going strong.

In the head phones I have run the rechargeable cells but they last about 6 hours.

I've been told electronics have changed in the resent years, but old habits are hard to break.

Years ago it was quite obvious there was a difference between a new set of alkaline and the rechargeable and detector performance. Detectors then also had regulators, that some claimed kept the power constant, but like the halo effect, those with experience knew better than to believe it didn't exist. I still use alkaline and only use the rechargeable if I'm out in the field and my alkaline give out. My rechargeable are only a backup for my alkaline.

9 or 10 volts dc is just that, 9 or 10 volts direct current above the mark of 0 volts, source matters not as long as it

I know for some old habits die hard. Think of it this way, do you really think Whites would sell the rechargeable battery packs as standard equipment if they would hinder performance? NO Rob

hey I start to the alkaline batteries made high tech devices for digital cameras CD players thing like a little more cash than the other but if I get a hour and 1/2 more time on the hunt it good to me

>>My rechargeable are only a backup for my alkaline.<<

I see it the other way:)

I can put a package of AA in the van, and they are still good 6 months later!
With the rechargeable batteries, I save $$ every time I use them. If they do go down/dead, I can go for the alkaline pack.

You can't put a rechargeable pack in the van and expect them to hold a charge for 6 Months.
I use alkaline for the headphones and carry two for back-up.

Jerry