Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Battery Question-Your opinions.

Hi all,

Just a response to the talk about AA batteries.
I have been using the Costco Kirkland batteries for a long time, without problems,
that is, until the other day I was looking at my Magnalite flashlight, which uses 2 AA batteries.
This is the time of the year, I take the batteries out of those items that I don't use with regularity,
just to make sure there aren't leak problems.

I did find in my flashlight, that there were Kirkland batteries inside that had an expiration date of 2012,
one of which had leaked, and the acid had eaten some of the aluminum tubing that makes up these flashlights.
I had a very difficult time removing the battery, but I did get the job done, so I cleaned up the inside of the flashlight,
and hope it won't give any more issues.

I did remove some batteries from my Xterra 70, and found 2 of the 4 Kirkland
2012 expiration date were swollen. At first glance, they look fine, but the thought passed my mind, to try a fit in the
Magnalite flashlight, and found those AA batteries would not enter, thus they are swollen.

Checking my much treasured Whites Spectrum XLT's battery box, I found there was a Kirkland 2012 exp. date battery
that had acid across the negative end of the battery, but no damage to the battery box, that I couldn't easily clean up.

Kind of a long way of saying: Check your 2012 expiration date Kirkland batteries! Or all items that use
batteries...it makes a great way to pass SOME of the time during those long winter days...and thus prevent some
grief with respect to your expensive toys, later on!

Hope this helps!

~LARGO~