Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

BATTERY in Equinox

Jason in Enid said:
Decanfrost said:
One great way to CONTROL a product .....you have to come back for software updates ......OR battery replacement.
Oh yea ,and it s for your safety! $$$$

We will see

its nothing to do with safety. If you want to tear it open and muck about, go right ahead. Its a detector capable of going into the water. The biggest problem with that is the end user being too lazy to properly clean the seals every time its opened.

I'll happily send mine back in until the warranty expires and after that I'll the replacement myself. It's not rocket surgery if you have a little bit of common sense.

Didn't know rockets had surgery??

Donna(NJ said:
After 2 1/2 years, it wouldn't take a full charge. Thankfully Deus replaced it free of charge even though the BATTERY warranty expires after 2 years. Most people are unaware of the 2 yr warranty on the batteries when buying used. The machine and parts are 5 yr but batteries only 2. So just be aware should you buy a used machine or coil more than 2 years old.

PS Deus installed even better batteries on my remote. I suspect the coil battery is also on it was out as sometimes it, too, doesn't take a full charge. But even still Deus was reasonable at $50 to replace the battery. Minelab doesn't know how to be reasonable on repair costs !!!! Because its a waterproof unit, Id send in for factory replacement. Let's see what they charge for that !!!!

HH
Donna(NJ)
The new coils HF have their batteries outside the coil and they fit in the lower shaft so replacements are easy

lytle78 said:
They don't need surgery as long as they regularly get their "booster" shots!

HA! good one!