Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Autotrac and depth.

I have never heard of anyone losing depth with Autotrac on........... or off.

If the tracking is unable to adjust for a radical change in ground conditions you may lost depth. As the manual states, for extreme changes in ground conditions (for example when moving from sand to grass) you should re-balance.

Turn Inhibit ON if not on already as it should be.

Inhibit

You should listen to all Larry (IL) says. He is by far the resident expert on The V3 series of detectors.

Thanks for the Kudos Elton but there are many far smarter than I. Our very own Rob is one of the best.

[attachment 206229 2011-08-03_111552.jpg]

Sucking up is always appreciated. :devil: ROB

Does it make sense that one might get more iron falsing with autotrac on or would it rather be the opposite as the autotrac could track to the iron if the speed is too high? I think I was running it when I had a bad falsing day (but it was after a rain so it was probably just that.)

I do experience more falsing with Autotrac on but I don't think it affects the depth of targets. That is why I lock autotrac in my ground.

. A good tracking speed is one that keeps your threshold steady while you're swing the coil. If you set it too slow your machine may go silent and can cause a loss of sensitivity and lost targets. The tracking is trying to accommodate the mineralization changes in the ground, so too slow will allow the mineralization to generate excess noise. If you set it too fast your machine will try to match every little change in the ground and you'll get overshoot which can also result in noise and lost targets.

So if set too fast or slow it cause your problem.

So it is safe to say then, that when one is running auto-track you should be running a threshold as well? Normally I don't run threshold but just started to and I actually like it (when it's set low). I'll try running auto-trac but now with threshold as before I ran it silently and couldn't really tell regarding the tracking as you are saying Rob.

Thx for the wisdom guys!
EMS