Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

At pro pistol grip

Today is day 10 since my order. On day 7 I tried to contact him threw his web sight to check the status of my order and have not heard a word back yet.. The phone number supplied in the order confirmation has a non valid area code.

I hate to hear crap like that. I deal with http://www.bigboyshobbies.net/ Never had a problem with Bart . Try to get your money back from that Creep and Call Bart.
you will be happy you did. Maybe you should let everyone know who you are dealing with so no one makes the same mistake. I hope it works out for you.
Ronnie L

I ordered this Sunday and got it yesterday http://indiannationsdetectors.com/atrod.html . It is more expensive but you get what you pay for. I will post pictures when I get it setup this weekend.

It was ordered from finders keepers ( the one pictured for this post) on the other forum people say it takes about a week or 2 so ill give it a few more days. I clicked the link for the one you ordered GO VA and actually think that one looks a bit cheaper. I don't want one that the handle isn't permanently attached (looks like one of those hill climber bar attachments for a mountain bike) or the wide stand clipped on because it has a different cuff without a base.

Sorry I thought you were ordeing a new AT Pro, my mistake.

Ronnie L

Showtime2385 the best I can tell from a quick look the connection you are referring to is designed to allow the user to set the length from the arm cup for a custom fit and it also has an bolt underneath that will allow me to angle the head unit left to right. Without anything mounted it feels very sturdy but time will tell. I in no way meant to imply that what you were looking at was not a good product but that I am at this point very happy with what I have and the 3 business days it took from purchase to me here in Virginia with free non expedited shipping was great considering it came from California.

I will be sure to post weather what I ordered really is a good product or not once I receive it. I like that the cost is kept down by using the lower and middle shafts and arm cuff of the original detector but the obv downfall is these are made to order and not sitting on a shelf so I have to wait longer to get it.

The first thing I noticed with all the ATP straight shaft mods is that the only thing that is changed is the shape of the shaft. If you just want the shaft to be straight thats fine but both the handle and the control box are in the same place , so......no difference in balance or weight distribution , still all the same stresses on your forearm and wrist. As much as some people swear by this setup , anyone taking a logical approach when looking at it will notice the only real change is in how the machine looks , its not accomplishing anything more. Most of the reason for a straight shaft setup is to improve balance and weight distribution.....moving the weight normaly held and maneuvered by your hand and wrist back to the elbow and taking it off your forearm.....and of course streamlining the aquadynamics slicing side to side through deep water. The only performance enhancing mod would be a straight shaft with the control box moved from the handle grip up to or near the elbow in a way that you can still see the screen and use the controls. I have a couple ideas on how to do this but I havent tried them yet since my ATP is under warranty and I dont want to take a chance on voiding it.

Just received an email and apparently they have had some issues with orders and payments showing up and are shipping my order out to me priority mail. I will give my opinion on the shaft unbiased to the order issue.

This is the same reply I gave in another post here but it applies to this post also. I am doing a double reply/post with the same answer so anyone doing a search can find results that are based on experience and not theory. I deal with this almost daily and when people get hands on experience theory is just what it is. Theory is a contemplative and rational type of abstract or generalizing thinking but when anyone does not have the final part which is a hands on experience it is impossible for them to make a educated decision based on theory alone .

All I can say is when I put the weight of the control box above my wrist and the weight of the lower rod and coil below my wrist along with moving the grip up the shaft and at a little different angle for better balance which put the arm cup with strap just before my elbow has distributed the weight a lot more evenly throughout all contact points for me. Am I still swinging the same weight, yes but the balance is a lot different and causes a lot less stress on my upper wrist. All arms are not the same and some of us need to have the weight distributed differently to suit our needs for comfort. For me I am sure that the point of balance is not the same as it will be for everyone and that is why I chose a straight shaft that has a lot of adjustment built in to it so I can custom fit the balance and weight where I want it.

OK so today is day 19 and my shaft came. Sadly I can not post how it swings. The hole on the front to connect the rest of the shaft would not line up and with 2 people and a brass hammer believe me we tried until I fixed that in my drill press.This I could have overlooked but the control box will not even fit into the shaft because the holes are drilled to close together. I guess it was not test fit or drilled with a jig? Also was not happy with the finish. Felt like fine sand paper and wasn't sticking to the aluminum very well. I will be contacting them seeking a refund.

Please let us know if they make good on it.