Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

At pro pistol grip

I made one for my AT. Now I hate the 'S' rod!

Anderson shafts makes them and has a list of vendors who sale them. I'm seriously thinking about buying one since my hand hurt so bad this year using the stock coil with the S grip. I'm not blaming Garrett's design, just my hand. Had carpal tunnel surgery Tuesday and have about a month or more to think about it, but my mind is almost made up to try it and see how it works.

The one in the pic above is the one I just ordered. $ 65.00, its just the base. You use the rest of your AT lower and middle rods with it. PM me and I will send you the info. Nice and clean and well balanced.

fongu said:
Anderson shafts makes them and has a list of vendors who sale them. I'm seriously thinking about buying one since my hand hurt so bad this year using the stock coil with the S grip. I'm not blaming Garrett's design, just my hand. Had carpal tunnel surgery Tuesday and have about a month or more to think about it, but my mind is almost made up to try it and see how it works.

Dunno, had the same issues on and off from day one. Not so bad now but the mitt still goes to sleep now and then.

Could you please give me a call (209) 522-2361 regarding the pistol grip for AT-Pro. When you call ask for Howard. Thank you.

Somebody on one of the detecting forums made a straight shaft and made a handle grip and mount for the control box out of two straight handles that go on the end of bicycle handlebars. The setup looked pretty good. After seeing a whites spectra v3 with an s curve past the handlegrip....Im guessing more for style than anything else , I got wondering....why not just put an extension going back to the armcuff and put the handgrip/ box mount about 5 inches above the s curve ? Not exactly a "straight" shaft , but the effect should be the same.

Hey thunderdome, Just joined this forum so i cant PM you yet but I'm interested in where you purchased the straight shaft for the at pro for $65 can you PM me? or if anyone else that knows can? - Thanks

I used an XL500 upper shaft that I cut down. 1/2" aluminum tubing to join, where needed.

Nowadays I have a straight shaft for the Infinium that works for the AT as well. It's great having all that power and options in one backpack!

ohiochris said:
Somebody on one of the detecting forums made a straight shaft and made a handle grip and mount for the control box out of two straight handles that go on the end of bicycle handlebars. The setup looked pretty good. After seeing a whites spectra v3 with an s curve past the handlegrip....Im guessing more for style than anything else , I got wondering....why not just put an extension going back to the armcuff and put the handgrip/ box mount about 5 inches above the s curve ? Not exactly a "straight" shaft , but the effect should be the same.

The "S" in the white's shafts are so that one can adjust maximum effective shaft length. With the "S" as in the picture you posted, the maximum length is slightly reduced (for shorter people). Invert the "S" and you suddenly have a "longer" shaft, for taller people.

BTW, it baffles me as to why manufacturers still make that awkward, uncomfortable S grip like the ones they have on the ACE series and AT series. This "pistol grip" you guys are after is so much more convenient and comfortable, I just don't know why it's not on every detector out of the factory.

Sorry guys, did not think they wanted links posted here,

http://www.finderskeepers.buzz/Garrett-AT-Ace-Series-Retro-Fit-Handle-Badger-Tail-7.htm