Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

As Is Typical For Garrett, The New Storm Release Will Be A New metal Detector Series

John-Edmonton

Staff member
Garrett is taking a page out of Tesla's marketing. Announce a new product or technology but deliver it to the consumer years down the road missing many delivery deadlines in the process. They do this to try to get consumers to hold off on a new purchase from a competitor until they can get their offering reasonably close to working so they can release it. The release will be followed by updates to fix features they did not have time to fix before the release or add promised features they did not have time to add before rushing the half-baked product to market. This will be followed by many glowing Youtube videos from so-called unbiased testers calling the new machine the greatest thing since sliced bread but in reality, the new technology will fall short of the marketing hype and the product will be priced out of reach of most of the market.
I guess I am getting cynical in my old age ;)

Unlike some others, I am looking forward to see what they have come up with. At least there is one American manufacturer trying to do something new. It wasn't that many years ago that folks were crying to buy American and that foreign detectors were no good. Now the reverse has happened and other countries have surpassed us in this hobby. I am glad that Garrett is not resigned to that fact and is trying to come up with something new. I am also not bothered by delays. Bring it to market when it is ready. If they rushed it out and had issues, folks would complain they shouldn't have brought it out until it was ready. So, you can never win. I have been in this hobby since 1968 so I have seen these cycles over and over. Go Garrett!

Unlike some people on the forum, I am a fan of Garrett detectors. I have owned many over the years and all performed up to my expectations and were well built. I really like the Apex, but it did lack a couple of inches of depth compared to the foreign detectors. I found it to be a very accurate and deep enough for my type of detecting. If they can slightly improve the Apex, they will have done their job.

Unlike some people on the forum, I am a fan of Garrett detectors. I have owned many over the years and all performed up to my expectations and were well built. I really like the Apex, but it did lack a couple of inches of depth compared to the foreign detectors. I found it to be a very accurate and deep enough for my type of detecting. If they can slightly improve the Apex, they will have done their job.
My first detector way back when was a Garrett BFO and have owned almost every model they ever made, as well as other manufacturers. I will always root for Garrett.

Started with Whites in the late 1970’s. Switched to Garrett in the mid 1980’s.
Moved to Minelab in the mid 2000’s.
All have provided exceptional detectors.
Have been looking for an addition/improvement to my Etrac.
I am rooting for Garrett to provide it.
Looks promising and I will be on board as a Garrett owner again.