Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Are there any DECENT Chinese Detectors??? If so,please post..

Thanks Mtn Man,

Do you recall the name of the Chinese Junk? Lol!

That way we can post it,and tell others to STAY AWAY!!!!!

n/t

I would suggest buying a known ( USA) brand. They are proven to work and you can get lots of help on the fourms with any problems you have. There are good detectors in the lower price ranges made by various manufacturers.

If you buy an off brand Chinese unit, you may save a few bucks but if you have a question concerning the use of it, no one will be able to help you. I think that shoul be a major consideration.

Just MHO.

Good luck with whatever unit you choose. Happy Hunting.

Ray S ECenFL

That is a good question to ask on April 1st .............. :rofl:

I had a DeLeon (only sold it cuz I wanted to try something with multiple tones) the TID worked on it probably as well as the ones on any other companies the VDI was consistent once you dug enough signals to learn what the machine was telling you as far as depth I'm not sure how deep your wanting to go but i've dug dimes and pennies that were 7-8" with it and an axe head that was over a foot, as far as I know the sound on the Cibola is the same as the DeLeon and if you want a Cibola/Vaquero/Tejon for $15, i think, Tesoro will do a high tone mod on it. Like everyone else I'd buy American before I sent my money overseas, unless your wanting a Minelab i suppose but there are just to many good dectectors made here in the states in a wide range of prices to buy something so questionable, but hey its your money so.... HH with whatever machine you decide on. Jimmie

I would not recommend "buy American", but "buy the best". It is truth that the best detectors are made in America, I live in Poland and love Tesoro detectors, despite that we also have good Polish brand called Rutus. Tesoro Tejon is my favourite, but curently my main detector is Deus, which is French and is better. I would not hesitate to use any detector from any country, on the condition that it is very good eg. I am currently also testing Russian AKA Sorex 7280 detector. Unfortunatelly I have never came accros any decent Chinese detector.

From everything I've seen and heard, the French Deus is the most technically advanced detector in the world. Unfortunately it is currently not allowed to be sold in this country (U.S.) and even if it were, it would be beyond the financial reach ($2500) of many of us...

there are some great chinese machines out there! the shafts are great for tomatoe stakes, the boxes explode nicely when my 06 hits one, and you can use one as a loaner for the son in law when he accidentailly falls of a cliff when you take him hunting. after all, you would not want to loose a good machine would you? a big company is hawking a bunch of the water machines, the internet is full of refurbs, chinese made, i am not sold at all.

Seriously, if you want to get an idea of how bad or good a detector is, just look on the internet "auction" sites. If there are plenty of them up for sale, then stay away from them. By the same token, if you can't find any or almost none of what you are looking for up for auction, then chances are they are a pretty decent detector. The internet auction sites are just filled with Chinese built detectors that are up for sale.

They don't use detectors in China. They just loan Americans money and the gold and silver just pours out of our country into theirs...

Stop buying Chinese and keep your gold and silver yourselves. If we sell it all to China we wont have enough for fillings here...

Seriously whre do you think all our coins, watches, jewlery is going?

We are sometimes sooooooo stupid....

Seriously do not know of any Chinese detectors. Sorry the rush to pawn all the gold and silver angers me.

The DetectorPro Pistol Probe and PiratePro I think are Chinese made.I don't understand your logic to save a couple of bucks buying the worst equipment available.My suggestion buy name band used if you can't afford new.

I have read some rave reviews on the european units, and would try one if available stateside for service, and if a medium priced unit. The C Scope intrigues me. I wonder if the ground balance is different, if is an autotrack type? I wonder why we dont see Japanese units? they are more technically advanced than most. Soon China may be that way, as soon as they garnish our treasury and put liens on our businesses and land for un paid debts.

Why would anyone buy a machine that you can't get repaired if it broke,has no real warrenty and has no other size coils avaliable.

I have been detecting in Japan for 11 years, and there are NO detectors made here. Most Japanese people have never seen a metal detector before except on tv. Some even think I'm digging clams on the beach! Maybe they have scoop envy. Anyone detecting in Japan probably gets theirs from the States.
Ground conditions vary enough around the world that a foreign unit just might work better than what you have but I find that my Garretts and Minelabs do just fine here.
Besides, Japanese people see me digging clad and just laugh because anyone who averages three bucks an hour must be crazy. :tongue:

Kerry
Digging my way back to Canada one scoop at a time

There are some good detectors made in Europe but even if you could
get one, what happens if it needs repair?
Best to stay with the brands here in the States.

European detectors are made of the same Chinese parts as American detectors. Electronics is the same everywhere in the world, works on the same principle and can be repaired enywhere.

Give the man a gold cup ! Right on the nail.

Polish and Bulgarian detectors are now of excellent quality and performance, have a range of coils + third party (think SEF, NEL etc). China still lacks behind but not really at the price point they sell at. Just because an importer decides he wants to tripple his profits it isn't the manufacturers fault.
The warranty side is a problem with many Chinese makes as its left to the distributor to deal with that. They either get a percentage of the cost knocked off or buy say fifty and get several free. They should then replace your faulty detector with a good one if need be.

Black Knight (Chinese) had a detector that looked like a plastic version of the Whites 6000. Depth on a quarter ...ten inches. Drawback...recovery speed really slow and push buttons/switches would not last as long as ones on say a Whites XLT. Easy enough to replace and the cost of the detector (in the shops) was