Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Are BH ... BS ?:unsure:

I agree with GoGoGopher, the Tracker IV would be a great starter detector if your wife is inexperienced at detecting. Yes, they are inexpensive but they are very good detectors from everything I have heard about them and very simple to use. The 10" coil should get you a little more depth. There are a lot of detectorists out there, many of them very experienced with other brands of machines, that are really happy and successful with the Tracker IV. If you bought one and didn't like it for some reason I am sure you would not have any difficulty selling it. As a matter of fact, I am considering buying one as a backup and to have as a spare for friends, kids in the family, etc to use (and maybe my wife if I can get her interested). Also, there are some spots near home that I could easily bicycle to and I would be less hesitant to do so if toting a good "less expensive to replace" detector should I fall off my bike. If you need a detector that goes deeper or has more features then again I agree with the Gopher. You should probably be looking at the Landstar, Land Ranger, or Time Ranger in the Bounty Hunter lineup.

Good luck to you and happy hunting!

I have the $50 Walmart version-and I love it. I added a 4" coil from an old Tracker that I messed up trying to fiddle with. All I can say is they find stuff and I can set my tone control to ID as well and better than the big dogs.

Since B.H. has over the years, bought out many different metal detector companies, I'm sure they've gobbled up all those folk's better ideas and Incorporated them in there own designs (who'd blame them) I would guess they have a hands-up on most other detector manufacturers. My own coin hunter, a Big Bud 220-D, was a gobbled up design. I believe it's still as good a discriminator as you can find. True, when I go for the gold, I got my Lobo ST. But when it's coin time, out comes the Big Bud:thumbup:

Thanks for input .. I may start her off with Tracker before land star . Especially if doesn't need to fiddle with excessive controls or settings .

Impressive pics being posted. :clapping: