Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

anyone tried the super12 and 950 eclipse coil on vision

pchop

just wondering because i have both coils, is the double d on it that good of a coil?. i know the super 12 was good on my dfx. i read that the double d is good for minerals. how is the pinpointing on the super12 and 950 if they work with vision? thanks very much

keith

Two Vision's - one 12 Supper and one stock 10DD = The did get more depth on a test silver Quarter placed on the ground with a pop-top on top-then a large drink cup over the works-about 10" from cup top to the ground.
The 12" hit on all passes of the coil with GOOD SOUND ID. The 10" hit on some passes of the coil with good sound most hits.

Jerry

Pchop,

I have tried several coils on my vision, super 12, 6x10 dd, and my 5.3 eclipse. All worked great, most impressed by
the 5.3 eclipse. Gets good depth,very accurate I D. And pinpointing is dead center.Yesterday(4/5) found a silver ring,
and a silver dime @ 7". Very happy with the Vision and 5.3 combo.

good luck

bishop

I have also been impressed with the Vision and the 5.3. I frequently switch between the 5.3 and the Super 12. I have not been impressed with the 10" stock coil. It has been way to noisy.

pteal said:
I have also been impressed with the Vision and the 5.3. I frequently switch between the 5.3 and the Super 12. I have not been impressed with the 10" stock coil. It has been way to noisy.

Can you please explain why you have not been impressed with the 10 stock coil in what way are you not impressed, what do you mean it is way to noisy?

I tryed a 10 D2 coil with my DFX and it ran ok in best data however trying to use 15 KHz it was unusable sounding off on every sweep, as soon as i put the 10 x 6 coil on it was fine.

This is my one concern or worry about purchasing a Vision the coil, i would want to use the 22 KHz but i do not want to hear every piece of small iron in the ground with it, i even reduced the sensitivity and only accepted down to -1 on discrimination, this did not solve the problem

I must admit i soon got rid of the 10 inch coil because of this reason

I do not want to buy a Vision then have to go out and buy Accessory coils because the stock coil has problems

Before certain people on this forum start saying here he goes trying to knock the machine, let me assure you i am not, i am simply asking if Vision users are experiencing any problems with this coil

Personally i have always thought that Whites should give the buyer the choice of what coil they want with a machine when they buy

I would keep the stock coil And give you the coil you desire (V-READY) and also A 20% discount on any other single coil ...GOOD for 90 days after the sale.....
Whites dealers are the best ...Most treat People the way.... They would like to be treated......The money is in the ground ...not selling detectors to potential friends....If IT where really about money most dealers would be passing out shopping carts at wallymart...MOST do it for the excitement that...... Treasure finding BREEDS .....Happy Customers are always the best advertisement... I am sure there are plenty of dealers who want you to be happy out the gate.....singing praises of the local White's Guru....

Happy Trails
Jim Pugh

I live in the UK other wise i would take you up on that deal, maybe i can get the same sort of deal from a Uk seller, thanks for the reply :thumbup:

Re: treasureisland
I ran into the same trouble with the 10" D2 coil on my vision that you had with it on your DFX. Maybe I didn't have my settings correct, but I was using the factory "coin and jewelry" program. With the 10" stock coil, it wouldn't shut up. It would sound off on every sweep. In order to reduce the chatter, I had to turn the RX Gain down to 1 or 2 (I believe that 7 was the default). I have tried ground balancing the coil via the "pumping" instructions provided in the field guide, but it didn't help. The ground probe screen recommended an RX Gain of 2. However, with the 5.3" and Super 12 coils, I was able to use the Vision with an RX Gain of 5-7, depending on the ground conditions. I should note that I was using the detector in the yard of an old house, which was fairly trashy.

The 5.3 and the Super 12 produced a much less noisy signal, and I was able to find some deep (8" or so) wheat pennies and mercury dimes with those coils. I see that a few others have had similar problems. I haven't really looked into a solution for resolving my issues with the 10" D2 coil though because I'm more than happy with the vision with the other coils. I should also note that neither my 5.3" or Super 12 are marked with a "V."

-Peter

Hi Peter

I really only had the problem with my DFX and the D2 coil if trying to run 15KHz which is a shame, i thought the high frequency would be good at finding what we call hammered coins or small silver items.

As soon as i put it back over to best data it was quite

I was using it on lots of different plough fields and it was constantly sounding off at every sweep.

If i went back on the same fields with the 10 x 6 coil it ran as it should do, in both best data and 15KHz

The factory "coin and jewelry" program. runs at best data on the Vision so it should not behave like what you are describing, maybe you could not ground balance because of all the trash in the ground.

i really think for coin shooting the best coil is a concentric one like the 9.5