Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone finding gold in parks full of pulltabs?

Wish I had a V3 and could tell you ID numbers and analyze graph info on these ... still saving and reading and learning ... but here is a picture of some tabs I found this evening. They all discriminated out at different points on my discriminator. Bent, cut, partial and at various tilts, these tabs are all going to skew ID's from the perfect tab reading to some extent and they are all within the range I have found gold in ... just wasn't that fortunate tonight ... I am pretty much with Tom_in_CA on this one.
tvr

I don't think anyone is expecting their detector to tell gold from aluminum with 100% accuracy, but there is no doubt better technology DOES increase your odds. And that is what it is about.

Even on my DFX I have seen an increase in gold finds over trash. No question about nickles. I can tell a nickle from trash with a 90% accuracy when less than 5-6" deep. I also do very well with tabs and foil. I'm not claiming I can tell the difference with 100% accuracy, but my odds have increased a lot, and that alone adds a lot of value in my opinion.

I see no reason why the Spectra V3 wouldn't increase those odds even more.

You are one of only a few that have ben able to tell the difference. In the parks we hunt there is a lot of trash.