Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any Etrac converts in here?

Hey Bill, you’re too funny. Are you still going to try and get out with this huge fire going on? I might have to pass on tomorrow’s hunt.

If i had to choose between my Etrac,Ctx and 800 it would be the Ctx that stays,it just the best of the bunch hands down.. the first to go would be the E trac but its still a great machine and i love the audio and 13 inch ultimate coil also and not to mention the mighty x1(its never getting sold!).the Ctx and 800 combo keeps you covered for 99% of situations in my opinion!

Explorer.se said:
I hear you Des you did a great job!

"Thank You. We had a great 24 man/woman Team on the Production line - knew them all personally - they have moved on since 2009 and are doing well in their various job roles and locations (a few moved elsewhere)"

Des D said:
I hear you Des you did a great job!

"Thank You. We had a great 24 man/woman Team on the Production line - knew them all personally - they have moved on since 2009 and are doing well in their various job roles and locations (a few moved elsewhere)"

I wish Minelab would have kept their manufacturing in Ireland.

Rich-

Hey Moseng, I was surprised to see your post after several years! I miss our hunts in Golden Gate Park. I just started detecting again after a long hiatus; pulling out my Deus and CTX 3030 from the closest and hoping they still worked. After looking at the "latest and greatest ", I'm also very interested in the Equinox, particularly for beach hunting. But I thought would give my CTX 3030 a go before making a final decision. I haven't taken the CTX out yet, due to needing a battery replacement in the WM08 wireless module. So I've been taking the Deus out so far, and after a few hunts I've taken a home a couple silver rings, an Indian Head Penny, and one Wheaty. And, of course, lots of clad too. I should have my WM08 battery replaced this week, so looking forward to detecting with the CTX over the Thanksgiving Holiday.

The weathers fine here, so don't let the winter stop you from buying the Nox and coming here to hunt in GGP. I can't think of a better place to take the Nox on its maiden voyage.

I bought my first etrac 9 years ago and love it. Have found hundreds of great items with it. But I always thought that minelab could have made it faster in iron. Especially in fields. I got the nox 600 this spring and have only used my etrac one time this year since buying the nox. I have just been so impressed at how fast it is in heavy iron that I simply just can’t put it down. I primarily hunt old farm houses and farm fields. I just needed a machine that was faster in iron and for me the nox is just what I needed!!!

Bryan V said:
The E-Trac is like a comfortable ride in an old heavy Cadillac as you stroll through the park after deep silver.
Very pleasant. (Except the weight and terrible screen).

The Equinox is a little rougher ride but MUCH faster with better performance.

The E-Trac Sunray probe combo is extremely slow compared to someone wielding an ultralight Equinox and Carrot.
I have experience with both setups and it’s not even close in my opinion..

Keep it simple.

Bryan

Thanks, I appreciate the analogy!

bayareasearcher said:
Hey Moseng, I was surprised to see your post after several years! I miss our hunts in Golden Gate Park. I just started detecting again after a long hiatus; pulling out my Deus and CTX 3030 from the closest and hoping they still worked. After looking at the "latest and greatest ", I'm also very interested in the Equinox, particularly for beach hunting. But I thought would give my CTX 3030 a go before making a final decision. I haven't taken the CTX out yet, due to needing a battery replacement in the WM08 wireless module. So I've been taking the Deus out so far, and after a few hunts I've taken a home a couple silver rings, an Indian Head Penny, and one Wheaty. And, of course, lots of clad too. I should have my WM08 battery replaced this week, so looking forward to detecting with the CTX over the Thanksgiving Holiday.

The weathers fine here, so don't let the winter stop you from buying the Nox and coming here to hunt in GGP. I can't think of a better place to take the Nox on its maiden voyage.

Hey man, been awhile! I too just started back up after some time. Maybe it was the lack of a pal to get out with? :) I did get in a few hunts though and that feeling when you pull something good out of the ground is still quite a thing! Missed it more than I thought. You got me thinking of all the fun we had and the stuff we pulled out of that hunted to death park! Hmmm, maybe a trip to the Bay Area is in order. And the Equinox would certainly be easier to pack! :)

I would put the Equinox very close to the E-Trac when it comes to depth and sensitivity.
Stability is another matter ... the E-Trac is the most stable detector I have ever used in parks and salt water beaches.
It worries me that the E-Trac is not waterproof but so far I have not had any problems even after a few years use on many salt water beaches and in the shallows.
What the Equinox has going for it besides being totally waterproof is Weight and for us older swingers that can be a big issue.

You cant go wrong with either one ... and if you can afford both you got the nut!

TomNH said:
I very much miss my 1972 Olds Toronado BUT life goes on.
If you have a local mom & pop dealer see if you can rent one for a few days. A test drive is what you need.

HH & LFOD !
Tom

For me it would be my 1995 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi! :)

The ability to try before I buy would be the best thing to do for sure! Already checked around and have been to a local Treasure hunting club but no one seems to have one I could even look at let alone try out.

Willee said:
I would put the Equinox very close to the E-Trac when it comes to depth and sensitivity.
Stability is another matter ... the E-Trac is the most stable detector I have ever used in parks and salt water beaches.
It worries me that the E-Trac is not waterproof but so far I have not had any problems even after a few years use on many salt water beaches and in the shallows.
What the Equinox has going for it besides being totally waterproof is Weight and for us older swingers that can be a big issue.

You cant go wrong with either one ... and if you can afford both you got the nut!

Key thing with the Equinox is the speed and separation, compared to my Etrac, plus the Nox gets deep as well. The separation feature, with speed, even with the 11" factory coil, is such a pleasure. Using the 6" coil? It is magically quick, and able to still use swifter swing speed than any FBS.

RandyNorthridgeca said:
I got the E-Trac from the get go when it first came out. Got the CTX too and now the NOX 800. Maybe because I’m getting old but I couldn’t get the CTX to give me those sweet deep tones and that goes for the NOX too. I still have all three and they all are great machines. In parks I still prefer my E-Trac with my Sunday probe (but still learning the NOX) . It seems to be easier for me to pick out the tones I’m accustomed to hearing over the years. If I’m in a spot where I can dig everything that sounds good I use my CTX. In heavy iron you can’t beat the NOX. At the beach my main detector was the CTX and it’s been sitting at home since I got the NOX.

So in my opinion I don’t think you will be able to get the same tones as the E-Trac but you can’t go wrong with the NOX:thumbup:

************************************************​
"Hi all"...."Good thread"

Randy....Regarding your comment on the NOX and 'iron';

I think that statement is too general, in relation to the size (mass) of an iron target.

My experience with the 600, is that i'ts easily fooled by larger iron mass......

What's your experience in that respect?......matt

5900_XL-1 - Do you use the Nox more than the Etrac? Anything you would like to see on the Nox that the Etrac has? Thanks!

Goes4ever said:
I bought my first etrac 9 years ago and love it. Have found hundreds of great items with it. But I always thought that minelab could have made it faster in iron. Especially in fields. I got the nox 600 this spring and have only used my etrac one time this year since buying the nox. I have just been so impressed at how fast it is in heavy iron that I simply just can’t put it down. I primarily hunt old farm houses and farm fields. I just needed a machine that was faster in iron and for me the nox is just what I needed!!!

Goes4ever, thanks for the reply. Wow an Etrac user legend! :) I have to ask, is there anything you miss with the Etrac?

lol......absolutely NO CHANCE that the Nox is deeper than the Etrac
when the Etrac is properly balanced to the ground and EMI situation, it will lap the NOX on its best day for overall depth
i love my Nox....i even refer to her as Nicki Nox!!....and she has given me my best silver day ever(7) in the last couple weeks
and she is a demon in the top 7-8 inches and seeing through all the BS in the ground to grab stuff the Etrac cannot see
her processor and ability to toggle between frequencies are unmatched
the Nox will get a few deeper items if they are larger....but the Etrac can grab deep dimes and such that the Nox cannot sniff....
even with the SENS cranked up to 23 or so....
no bones about it

right on Des!!
the Etrac is a beast for depth....tones and great TID
the higher you go in the SENS department with the NOX....the TID goes wild
2 inch deep copper pennies ping and read 28-30!!!lol
gets your hopes up just to let you down

sunraysux said:
when the Etrac is properly balanced to the ground and EMI situation, it will lap the NOX on its best day for overall depth
i love my Nox....i even refer to her as Nicki Nox!!....and she has given me my best silver day ever(7) in the last couple weeks
and she is a demon in the top 7-8 inches and seeing through all the BS in the ground to grab stuff the Etrac cannot see
the Nox will get a few deeper items if they are larger....but the Etrac can grab deep dimes and such that the Nox cannot sniff....
no bones about it

You forgot to add that this is only true for YOU and YOUR nox in YOUR soil. My nox hits dimes deeper than my E-Trac ever did. Is my Nox hot? Is yours cold? All I know is that your post isnt true for everyone, and from the majority of posters, isnt true for them either.

I was detecting a courthouse with 2 buddies ( both with etracs which I sold mine ) when I had a good deeeppp hit...told them I had to go and that I had a good hit but it was a deep one...and marked it so they could check it out......I left and later got a call and what they dug was a barber dime 13” DEEP....WOW they couldn’t believe it.....now that’s deep....before they dug It they checked it with there etracs and THOUGHT they got a little bleep of something.....sure enough there it was...hard to convince me the nox isn’t as deep as the “E”

sunraysux said:
no bones about it

Different soils and locations may differ but my Equinox 800 is no doubt deeper then both my CTX and E-Trac.
My Equinox with stock coil was about equivalent to the CTX/17” coil and E-Trac with 5th Gen Tornado.
The new 15” coil puts my Equinox past any FBS unit I ever owned.

I ran both my CTX and E-Trac very aggressively.. I’m not talking Auto+3 Sensitivity type hunting..
I always trying to push my detectors to max performance.

Bryan