Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Another Great Day On The River :D

n/t

The water here isn't quite warm enough to swim in yet but if the temps hold, it won't be long!

Dave

they ain't tough. I just gotta like them and I like almost everyone. :D One of he requirements is not that they like me either:D

Willy can like my legs if he wants to:D I still like him.. Was that Brokebutt Mountain??

He still gets in there and I ran a seperate ground rod and hot wire. I caught the little turd listening to the clicking of the charger, at least that is what it looks like, It is not a continous charge on the wire but a pulse. He seems to listen to it click and then make his move.

He is the only one that does it though so maybe I will just me nice to him and let him eat out of the feeder.

Don't worry Sunny. I would let you eat out of my feeder too but doubt you could jump up there with a broken wing. I would be happy to hand feed you though :D

would have been handy on a stretch of river i canoed one time.the guadalupe river down fred's way is a nice river to go down,or was.with all the growth around austin i think it's a conjested river most of the summer,i inner tubed it one time also.the time i canoed it they were releasing water into it out of canyon lake dam.it had a few rapids and the water was fast because of the releasing of water.there were rocks and boulders on the lower stretch where the rapids were.it was in july,and i can say that i didn't know water could be that cold in texas anywhere in july,when we got there about 10 o'clock at night we all had had a few beers and it was warm and the river ran next to our campground,so we jumped in the fast moving water like nuts,i was lucky we didn't it didn't carry me off.

anyhow,a friend and i shared a canoe and didn't have any problems until we got to the faster moving and more turbulent water,we would take on water and have to jump out,turn the canoe over and dump the water and then get back in,then do the same thing about a hundred yards later,that got old fast.then we would have to chase the canoe as the fast moving water carried it away from us.and the water would also carry you with it,i banged my knee on a big rock and the boulders were everywhere as the current carried you down stream,i thought i was going to bust my dang knees up,i kept turning sideways so i would take it on the thigh if i hit one.

i noticed on the way down that some people in the canoes had a big chunk of styrofoam in the middle of their canoes,this kept them from turning over and taking on water like we did,man a kayak would have been handy that day,and if you could catch the river in that condition again it sure would be fun,probably the fall after school starts back up if there has been some good rainfall.

n/t

'specially when they "glow" in the dark! And as for Mikey! You can't hardly call them little, hairless stubs, legs anyway. Now if he had a flat topped head for my beer....awwwwww, nevermind! :rofl:

it comes from the BOTTOM of the impoundment and it is very cold down there. I don't care how hot the day is or the surface water is, below the thermocline it is COLD!!

When I rafted the Gauley River in WV. it was so cold that they rented us wet suits and it was a good thing :D

Sunny then :D:D:DD:D:D

n/t

n/t

n/t

not sayin' I would do that, just sayin' it could happen. :blink:

I wonder if I have a copy of some photo enhancement program laying around and maybe I can find someone to make you morph into Linda?? I am sure I could or maybe Lindas pooch :D

n/t

n/t

she is probably out playing with that new toy that Scott was nice enough to allow her to have after wrecking his toy.

I would have spanked her and sent her to bed without dinner but he is good enough to - crap, had to leave for a sec. Just dun burned up my tater tots. Dinner plan #2 activated m:D- anyway. I think it is darned nice of Ol Scott to spend his hard earned money on a woman that can't drive and then do it a second time..

Three cheers for Scott!! Rah-Rah-Rah

I doubt she will read this anyway.. Too busy playing while Scott slaves