Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Alright! What is going on here with the title change:blink:

tab-nabit

Now I see the title changed to "White's Spectra V3 / Vision Forum"

I just realized this or was this done before today and it slipped by my keen eagle eye senses

Mine says "Vision Spectra" and not "Spectra V3" or just "Vision"

Do I have a limited original obsolete collectors edition or what - and if so, should I put it away and get a new one - or put V3 stickers on mine to make it look & work like a V3 - sell it or trade it for seven new V3's.
And since my headphones says "Spectra Sound" will they not work on the V3?
Does the V3 include a manual - mine had a field guide and a card to send in for a manual - haven't received it yet.
Is there going to be a recall?
:veryangry: sniff-sniff
[attachment 122980 Spectra.JPG]

From what I gather the detectors are the same, there was just a name copy write law conflict with another product from another company. But What Ive also heard is that whites might be changing the volume issue that people are having with it being to loud! If they do adjust or change this on the newly named machines then I'm sure you can send yours back to whites and they will do the same adjustment to yours with no charge! Not sure on this but whites being the company they are that's probably how it will work!

asked about that as my new Vision. They haven't done the name change yet and it will probably be a short while as they get a decal to go over the 'Vision" Note that the "Vision" is applied directly to the powder coated housing, whereas the rainbow hues & 'Spectra' are an applied decal.

They did get a 'fix' for the headphone issue. My original headphones had a minor problem with a rattle on the right side. I exchanged them or a new set that has the fix with the much softer audio at turn-on and turn-off.

Monte

PS: I also asked about the manual on Monday and Steve told me they were perhaps a month out on them. I hope they take their time with the manual to make sure it is right as I noticed a number of spelling and/or grammar errors or other things with the "draft" copy someone posted realier.

I'm not sure that I like the idea of just slapping a band-aid over the owie. If I was the manufacturer, I would like the idea of it though . Its the easiest & most economical fix to an embarrassing situation. Seems to me you ought to have a choice, either have them send you the stickers & keep on tectin or return the unit & have the housing replaced with one with the proper graphics powder coated.. wildherre

My normal practice is to wait a bit when something new like this comes out for reviews and to see if any bugs crop up - but I pulled the trigger fast on this one for many reasons.
If I send it in for I guess an upgrade or whatever they want to call it, then I go without for the time unless I want to use one of my other detectors.
It would be nice if they could have an exchange for a new replacement at a local dealer.
It would have also been nice if they would have contacted the ones affected and registered.
At least the bottom line is the known seems minor for now. The label and color don't affect operation of the detector itself. The headphone issue I guess I don't know if it would be a software change in the detector itself, or a design change in the headphones.
I see the Vision has a share capability from one unit to another - would be nice if there was a way one could take his/her detector to the local dealer, get the update shared on the spot and away we go. But on the spot exchange from older version to new would be a nice choice.
I'm not keen on the idea of sending in something recently purchased and hope the trip back isn't by careless carriers.

Glad to hear some progress on where the status of the manual is at.
Thanks again for the replies.

I don't think it matters, I have one of the "VISION" control boxes. I'm not gonna put any stickers over it,
and I doubt I will send it in to be changed. I think it's kinda cool to have the original look, before they changed it.

I have also gotten into the habit of putting the headphones around my neck when turning the unit on,
after the loud blast I put them over my ears, and vice versa when turning the machine off. But I will say wireless
headphones are AWESOME! Don't know how I lived without them.

Looks like there was a product name infringement with the Garrett "Treasure Vision". Anyone who has a detector with the original "vision" decal now has a collectors item.(?) I think that if you complained to White's they would get you a decal or two. The detectors are exactly the same otherwise. Happy Hunting..........Dennis