Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ALL YOU FLORIDA GUYS AND GALS....................

yep, you don't want to move to the Tampa/St. Petersburg area, that is for sure. The jobs are non existant, the beaches cost more and more each year to use, the people are starting to act like they live in Baltimore or Youngstown and crime is going to go thru the roof because of the save our homes/amendment 1 tax break which will require firing deputies in every county and also in the towns. The roads are crowded and always being worked on and it just isn't a place you would want to be. Trust me, I've been here 35 years and can't believe I continue to stay. I'd probly move but the bottom fell out of the real estate market here and no one wants to buy my home. Squatters are living next door and down the street the homeless are using peoples' swimming pools to bathe in.

Peace

Davest.

Hey Dig,

Having an IQ of 170 is a great advantage over the rest us people, less blessed, that must depend on an education to help us survive in today's world. I'm sure you must know a high IQ has very little to do with how well the rest of the general population is educated. It is generally understood that someone so blessed can educate themselves via life experiences better than the best schools are able to educate them because of their powers of perception and reasoning!!!

I have two grandchildren being educated in Fla. and I must agree with the posts saying that they aren't getting the education needed in today's world!!!

All that being said, I've somehow been able to make my way through life with a marginal IQ and a poor scholastic record by having an open mind and using it!!!

Regards,

Cupajo

PS Without spell-check I'd be lost!!!

Diane, maybe the best way to see florida would be to buy a big mobile home, or a small one. live in different areas, when it gets too hot, go north a bit, when it gets too cold, go south. Get a concealed carry permit but don't tell anyone you have it. This way, you could go anywhere at any time. Best of luck, Dave.

Hey Cupajo, thanks for your insight. I did not mean to infer however, that I am in any way superior or that I havent had to rely on my education to make due in todays world. I merely commented that I dont care for the stigma that seems to be attached to Florida or to people educated here. I happen to think that as a product of the public schooling system, I was well served. Fortunately, I was also well served by loving parents who took an active role in making sure my schooling didnt end when I left school for the day. Granted, I think our country as a whole is scholastically far behind most of the world and could be much better. Frankly, I find it insulting that people tend to generalize my home and its native residents. Florida is one of those rare beautiful places where everyone is usually from somewhere else anyway, so to say that Floridians are idiots is really to say that Americans by and large as a whole are idiots. Life is what you make it.

Cupajo said:
Hey Dig,

Having an IQ of 170 is a great advantage over the rest us people, less blessed, that must depend on an education to help us survive in today's world. I'm sure you must know a high IQ has very little to do with how well the rest of the general population is educated. It is generally understood that someone so blessed can educate themselves via life experiences better than the best schools are able to educate them because of their powers of perception and reasoning!!!

I have two grandchildren being educated in Fla. and I must agree with the posts saying that they aren't getting the education needed in today's world!!!

All that being said, I've somehow been able to make my way through life with a marginal IQ and a poor scholastic record by having an open mind and using it!!!

Regards,

Cupajo

PS Without spell-check I'd be lost!!!

Everything you said is too true!! I personally never consider anyone an idiot much less view an entire population as such. We're all here to pass through this "Life School" and it's a learn as you go "Academy". Unfortunately by the time we know the answers we are too old to remember the questions!!!

One of these Grandchildren is exceptional and will make her way in the world. The other is a chip off the old Grampa block and will make his way too, but not without a struggle. Truthfully, if we don't do our part as family to promote their learning, the learning will be more difficult for the average child. I'm not sure any school can make up for that!! Family nurturing CAN make up for a poor educational system!!!

Gl&HH Friend,

Cupajo

PS. SORRY FOLKS FOR GETTING SO FAR FROM THE MAIN TOPIC!!!!

[size=large]I live in Miami and am a Firefighter for Hollywood (between Miami and Ft Lauderdale). All I have to say is...don't move to Miami or Hollywood![/size]