Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

all metal vs disc

would also be uncomfortable to keep the pushbutton pressed. I sometimes pull and hold the trigger on my modified IDX Pro so it works like that rather than locking it in All Metal, but not often.

Monte

Well Im pretty much a noob,did hunt years ago with my dad using one of his machines.
It falls in place now. Monty, it may have been you, I have read so many post my head spins,however,it was said, stated, that in the all metal mode some of the detectors were to fast. I understand now.
Thanks for your knowledge and experience.
Well this kinda puts a ripple in my thoughts now. I was all set to buy my first detector, sorry its not a Tesoro although the Vanquero was my second choice. I dont have to have a TID for now. I was going to buy a M6. Dont hit me.lol
Thanks again Monte,
John

[quote Bowie]Well Im pretty much a noob,did hunt years ago with my dad using one of his machines.
It falls in place now. Monty, it may have been you, I have read so many post my head spins,however,it was said, stated, that in the all metal mode some of the detectors were to fast. I understand now.
Thanks for your knowledge and experience.
Well this kinda puts a ripple in my thoughts now. I was all set to buy my first detector, sorry its not a Tesoro although the Vanquero was my second choice. I dont have to have a TID for now. I was going to buy a M6. Dont hit me.lol
Thanks again Monte,
John[/quote]John, I'm glad to hear you've made a decision, and I hope you will be satisfied. Before posting this reply, however, I did glance back at some of the posts you've had on this and other forums regarding the Tesoro Vaquero and White's M6. Some replies were not quite correct or even misleading.

Just a few brief comments, even though you've made up your mind.

The MXT and M6 use the same basic electronics. They have an auto-tracking circuitry that the operator can 'Lock' and, in that way, that can be sort of operator set. Still, they are not fully operator controlled like the manual GB of the Tesoro Vaquero. Both operate in the upper mid-section of the VLF frequency range, but that doesn't always relate to performance. The "Max Boost" of the Sensitivity control on the Vaquero is somewhat like the upper setting of the MXT or M6. The M6 does provide you with the option of hunting with a single tone or a 7-tone audio ID, and the White's MXT and M6 do have a lower-end Disc. adjustment range.

Still, the Vaquero, while silent-search in the Disc. mode like the M6, does so much quieter. In trashier environments the M6 can get a bit noisy.

While you can LEARN to ignore the visual TID of the MXT or M6, it is quite easy to fall into the trap of relying on a solid, repeatable, "lock-on" TID and, by doing so, I can guarantee you that you'll miss many good targets. If you get the M6, learn it and apply the TID info when reasonable to do so. Personally, I favor a different TID from White's for those applications, and prefer a non-display Tesoro to the MXT or M6. I like more manual control, and rely on a good audio 'hit' and will take it from there.

Some models have a faster auto-tune (retune) when in All Metal than do others. I hope I a few of my posts have been of some help, and I appreciate your kind words.

Monte