Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Air tests?

B.T

Not bagging anyones efforts here as its been great to see what the Vision has to offer screen and disc wise, Ive been lapping it up, but...
I have always found that air tests show very little bar that your detector turns on and visually what it has to offer.
I have found that in ground compared to in the air are two different worlds. You can get, for example, a GMT and hold a nail and a nugget in your hand and in the air you can get the nugget coming through nice and easy, take the nugget away and just hold the nail on its own and it discs the nail, hold them both again together and you get a signal. This looks like you can find a nugget hiding under a nail or iron rubbish. But in the ground, true gold hunting environment ground, you cant do this and the machine will disc out both. Is the Vision capable of doing in the ground exactly what it does in the air?

In my ground, no matter which program I try , the best gain is 3-4 ! Is this a indication the ground here is heavily mineralized?

nocaljim said:
In my ground, no matter which program I try , the best gain is 3-4 ! Is this a indication the ground here is heavily mineralized?

If that is what the probe is showing I would say yes.

I'm surprized by your GMT results since the GMT doesn't have discrimination. However, I do agree that a strong iron signal can mask a small gold signal and that's a problem shared by most VLF detectors. I my experience the Vision will indicate both the gold and the nail on the Signagraph.

Steve's right, the GMT has two disc types, Audio Grunt and Iron probability meter. Check it out on the Whites website. Does your Vision do what you said with these targets in the actual ground??

B.T said:
Not bagging anyones efforts here as its been great to see what the Vision has to offer screen and disc wise, Ive been lapping it up, but...
I have always found that air tests show very little bar that your detector turns on and visually what it has to offer.
I have found that in ground compared to in the air are two different worlds. You can get, for example, a GMT and hold a nail and a nugget in your hand and in the air you can get the nugget coming through nice and easy, take the nugget away and just hold the nail on its own and it discs the nail, hold them both again together and you get a signal. This looks like you can find a nugget hiding under a nail or iron rubbish. But in the ground, true gold hunting environment ground, you cant do this and the machine will disc out both. Is the Vision capable of doing in the ground exactly what it does in the air?

I do not know for sure If it can or not. It sure seems to find some goodies for me. I do not have X-RAY Vision to be able to see what is in the ground and if the vision is picking it up or not.
The little spare time I have had I am going hunting and finding targets in places that have alot of iron and trash. May have time latter on to go dig holes and bury coins and nails but right now I am having to much fun hunting and learning my Vision. If you know where the coin and the nail is you will be able to change the coil angle to get it also so again this would not be " real world" detecting test and would be void. Time to go to work :rant:.

Jason

In most cases, an air test give the best possible scenario. Seldom will you get better result in the ground than in the air.