Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

air test question

Yes, but Great can become Terrific if you get it fixed.

I recommend you test for this by the following method. Use a nickel as a test object. Its easier to hear the difference. I also recommend head phones as headphones also let you hear any EMI affects on the All Metal channel easier.

In All Metal:

Set your Sensitivity to 0.
Set your Threshold to some setting within the 0 to -1 range, what ever is needed to make it stable.

In Disc Mode, select the DE process.

Flip back to All Metal and air test to the distance you lose the repeatable signal.

Flip back to Disc Mode, select the bP process,

Flip back to All Metal and air test to the distance you lose the repeatable signal. You should see a good two inch + increase in depth.

Flip back to Disc Mode, select the CL process.

Flip back to All Metal and air test the distance you lose the repeatable signal. Again, you should see a good two inch + increase in depth.

Simply raise the Sensitivity setting to 5, and res-test again. You should clearly hear an increase in the audio robustness in the BP and CL modes as compared to DE.

If you do the test and it fails, move to another area (to rule out silent masking) and retest. If you get multiple failures then I'd recommend you call Fisher.

HH
Mike

Mine acts just like one in video..great in disc but lacking depth in all metal.. And the momma pinpoint

Mike i will test when Bill_S is done borrowing it. He did test a nickel and had 16" disc bp/cl and then 16" all metal bp/cl. disc is a hot cookie but all metal seems stuck on standard 75 level

I just air tested what mike was asking. Mine hits a nickle at 14" in disc bp sens 99 and same in all metal bp or de. No change in all metal from de to bp or cl.. So mine for sure doesnt work right...i called my dealer bart and was told he cant do anything at all so after sale is over we are on our own to take care of anything...i will call fisher now

Talked with fisher..told them everything thats going on and he was going to have me pay to send it in ...im like its a brand new machine..So he said he will email me a shipping lable. I said i will send in when its too cold here in ohio to hunt... Im not getting the air tests that alot of you are getting..with that said i love this machine.. Fits my style and i wont need another machine except maybe a backup..

Wait a minute!
I'm I reading this right? That all the F75 are broken if they can't air test and hit a Nickel @ 16 plus inches? Really a Nickel!
That's relic hunting depth, not coin hunting depth.

I don't think I could bring myself to send a coin hunting detector back for service with a problem report stating that it will only pick up a Nickel @ 15"

But, that's just me.

Mark

MarkCZ said:
Wait a minute!
I'm I reading this right? That all the F75 are broken if they can't air test and hit a Nickel @ 16 plus inches? Really a Nickel!

I don't think I could bring myself to send a coin hunting detector back for service with a problem report stating that it will only pick up a Nickel @ 15"

But, that's just me.

Mark
Good point!

HanoverDigger said:
MarkCZ said:
Wait a minute!

But, that's just me.

Mark
Good point!

Reading through some of these post it seems that what the people at First Texas have done with the boost process is they have found a way to get as much usable depth with the F75 in "Discrimination Mode" vs the "All Metal Mode". Now that's an amazing feat in itself, every detector I've ever owned was WAY more effective (sensitive) in the all metal mode, even the ones back in the 80's but being a coin hunter All Metal Mode was worthless, yea! it was several inches deeper but hunting ball fields, parks, and lawns that were trash littered left that mode pretty worthless. But now along comes the Fisher F75 with its ability to hunt coins in "Discrimination Mode" at 12" is amazing! finely somebody has come up with a way to even up the playing field between the "Discrimination Mode" vs the "All Metal Mode"
If I wasn't out of work and money wasn't so tight I would put a new f75 on my shopping list for Christmas :detecting:

Mark

MarkCZ said:
HanoverDigger said:
MarkCZ said:
Wait a minute!

But, that's just me.

Mark
Good point!

Reading through some of these post it seems that what the people at First Texas have done with the boost process is they have found a way to get as much usable depth with the F75 in "Discrimination Mode" vs the "All Metal Mode". Now that's an amazing feat in itself, every detector I've ever owned was WAY more effective (sensitive) in the all metal mode, even the ones back in the 80's but being a coin hunter All Metal Mode was worthless, yea! it was several inches deeper but hunting ball fields, parks, and lawns that were trash littered left that mode pretty worthless. But now along comes the Fisher F75 with its ability to hunt coins in "Discrimination Mode" at 12" is amazing! finely somebody has come up with a way to even up the playing field between the "Discrimination Mode" vs the "All Metal Mode"
If I wasn't out of work and money wasn't so tight I would put a new f75 on my shopping list for Christmas :detecting:

Mark

incorrect

Well,I was thinkin of sending my camo f75ltd in for the upgrade but I could possibly find a unhappy camper with the upgrade willing to trade,seeming I always use disc it wouldn't matter to me.one thing I've noticed,is there is always some sacrifice in detectors.f75ltd was noisy but all metal was awesome.minelab are slooooooow but great depth.there is no perfect detector in my opinion, some type of sacrifice is always made.good luck everyone, hope it turns around but I'm hearing it wont