Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

air test question

petew

I have a legitimate question to all.although some people may not agree with air test I believe they give a understanding of how deep a unit will go.Now,I've air tested both coils on my f75ltd in bp mode,and there is no big difference from 60 sensitivity and 99.sure there's a little but not much.my question is why does everyone seem to always say they run at 99 when its awesome at 60?I'm new to this machine and by no means an expert,but I do have common sense. And it's very stable at 60 sens,and way deeper than I'd care to dig,and deeper than most machines. So my question is does everyone feel that 99 sens is that much of an edge?

petew said:
I have a legitimate question to all.although some people may not agree with air test I believe they give a understanding of how deep a unit will go.Now,I've air tested both coils on my f75ltd in bp mode,and there is no big difference from 60 sensitivity and 99.sure there's a little but not much.my question is why does everyone seem to always say they run at 99 when its awesome at 60?I'm new to this machine and by no means an expert,but I do have common sense. And it's very stable at 60 sens,and way deeper than I'd care to dig,and deeper than most machines. So my question is does everyone feel that 99 sens is that much of an edge?

nope

Hey can you test a quarter in bp 2f tones and then switch to all metal and test for me? curious what you get to compare to my ltd2. you can text or pm if you want.

Same for me, I actually don't see any depth change past 50.

Ron in WV

Test a smaller coin (copper & silver) or non ferrous object or piece of jewelry with the sens hi and low..... That may be the difference.

I think that being able to run at 99 sensitivity with no EMI chatter is pretty cool,but is often not the best choice for actual detecting. Like most detectors, running at very high sensitivity can cause lots of false signals in the ground. I've personally noticed a lot falsing off the tip of iron nails, false signals over ground mineral anomalies,and sounding off on the tiniest bits of decayed rust in the ground at sites I detect. If I turn it down to 70 or so, these signals diminish, and I am able to concentrate much better on actual targets that are worth recovering, and the depth is still very impressive.

Yeah the disc on the new ones is very deep/hot and quiet. On mine at least, the all metal mode not longer seems to be boosted in bP and Cl carry over. Same on all processes.

Fisher told me over the phone that the bp,cl and de modes carried over to all metal side. Maybe on some machines we got that is one of the bugs?

I spoke with rep at Fisher yesterday and he started his reply with "hmmmm", then told me the only part of the detector that changed is the Disc section, All Metal should be just as deep as earlier units. Hmmm. . . I'll betting one of these LTS 2's in a few weeks, can't wait to test it out.

From the manual, the motion all metal mode is not boosted, just less noise and a slower response. Please read
Ron in WV

bP: BOOST PROCESS
This process is an enhanced sensitivity version of the dE (default) process. It is
particularly useful when searching for deep targets in a non-trashy area, or on a site
where vegetation makes it necessary to raise the searchcoil several inches above the
surface of the ground. It will also produce excellent results on trashy sites provided that
you slow down your sweep speed; sweep the coil slower than you would when using the
Default process. When the Boost process is selected, the response characteristics of
the Motion All Metal Mode are also modified; these characteristics include less noise and
a slower response speed.

WV62 said:
From the manual, the motion all metal mode is not boosted, just less noise and a slower response. Please read
Ron in WV

This process is an enhanced sensitivity version of the dE (default) process. It is
particularly useful when searching for deep targets in a non-trashy area, or on a site
where vegetation makes it necessary to raise the searchcoil several inches above the
surface of the ground. It will also produce excellent results on trashy sites provided that
you slow down your sweep speed; sweep the coil slower than you would when using the
Default process. When the Boost process is selected, the response characteristics of
the Motion All Metal Mode are also modified; these characteristics include less noise and
a slower response speed.

Im not sure I get that the motion all metal is not boosted from the last part of the above.
It says that it will have a slower response speed which leads me to believe that its sensitivity is also increased.
Really it does not state anywhere that the motion all metal is not boosted but that the response is modified. Seeing as BP is a boost process why would it carry over only to slow the machine down.

I really have no ideal if it does or not. Sort of reminds of reading some legal documents.

All I know is the older models were deeper in All Metal bP or Cl than in disc. And that bp/cl all metal was deeper than standard process all metal. Now all metal is the same no matter process on my first wave, 2nd week november shipped LTD2. Mine also does the "momma" thing on buried targets pinpoint in 2h or 2l tones.

When the Boost process is selected, the response characteristics of
a slower response speed.

Its saying bp carries over and also has these other characteristics too.. I called fisher and they confirmed bp,cl and de all carry over to all metal..

I just tested the 11D coil with a quarter.this is a repeatable signal, not scratchy.I moved the quarter at a pace,not whipping it.here's what I get on the camo Ltd,no upgrade

Bp disc 50,sens 99
12 inches repeatable that I'd dig

All metal bp 99 sens
15 inches repeatable that I'd dig

Now,when I say repeatable and I'd dig I mean there's no question on that sound its probably a coin.very impressive

petew said:
I just tested the 11D coil with a quarter.this is a repeatable signal, not scratchy.I moved the quarter at a pace,not whipping it.here's what I get on the camo Ltd,no upgrade

Bp disc 50,sens 99
12 inches repeatable that I'd dig

All metal bp 99 sens
15 inches repeatable that I'd dig

Now,when I say repeatable and I'd dig I mean there's no question on that sound its probably a coin.very impressive

Here's mine. So All Metal a lot stronger?
[video]http://youtube.com/watch?v=kdLrrwZ30Vs[/video]

foreign object said:
WV62 said:
Ron in WV

a slower response speed.

Im not sure I get that the motion all metal is not boosted from the last part of the above.
It says that it will have a slower response speed which leads me to believe that its sensitivity is also increased.
Really it does not state anywhere that the motion all metal is not boosted but that the response is modified. Seeing as BP is a boost process why would it carry over only to slow the machine down.

I really have no ideal if it does or not. Sort of reminds of reading some legal documents.

Well, it looks to me to read that the boost process also carries over some "Characteristics" into the "Motion All Metal Mode" and then it references an itemized characteristics list for the operator to expect,
(1) less noise!
(2) A slower response speed!

Mark

All metal is definitely stronger than disk on mine.I'm going to get rid of my se pro,send my f75ltd in for a upgrade and just get to know this one machine, I think it's that good.I've had a lot of detectors but never anything with the Raw power that this monster has.

Cool, yeah the upgrade makes the disc mode killer. Plus the black unit with camo shaft looks better than camo face plate! Be interesting to know if your all metal feels changed. I don't use mine, but may send it in eventually to be fixed. I don't want the "fix" to make disc worse though so I will wait to know for sure.

Hi DetectingMo,

I just watched your video.

I recommend that you contact Fisher service. Your all metal mode is not working properly. BP and CL audio boost effects should be heard in your motion all metal mode.

Also, again, the All Metal controls do not work like they do in Disc. In the Motion ALL Metal mode, the Threshold settings control the sensitivity of the All Metal mode, the Sensitivity settings control the audio gain. So a Threshold setting of 0 is going to provide the same depth regardless of Sensitivity setting. The Sensitivity setting is going to control the volume, the loudness of the response. As BP and CL add an additional boost to the audio Gain, when those are activated you should hear an additional boost in the Audio Gain.

Again, sorry for the delay. Like I said, its hard for me to watch videos.

HH
Mike

thanks for explaining. yeah it just seems all metal is not boosted like before. still a great unit however!