Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ahhh!!! The Gorge..

n/t

I would have loved to have dove there. I have detected in areas that turned out to the ends of long gone diving boards and the ones I hunted were just loaded with coins and jewlery. Some of those ear rings were huge and I could not imagine anyone jumping in the water with them on.

It sounds like an exciting area to dive. I have dove in fast current many times but left the detector in the truck and hunted bottles!!

You can just feel that history all around you when you are there.

Fair winds

Mikie

It would not do for me to have such a honey-hole!

That was one fine read, Mike. Too bad the twerps didn't return your loot.

aj

Or at least on it. :) Once that bug gets you, there is no letting go.

Calm seas

Mikie

I am still in a very historical area.

Fair winds

Mikie

I have not been there lately. But a one way trip with one passenger would probably set you back the better part of $65.00...... or more.

Fair winds
Mikie

first few times would be kinda fun! :) By the way, I had a lady trying to get me to sell her my broach you gave me today! Can you believe that? I told her there was not enough money in the world to buy it from me, as it was not the value of wealth it held, but the value of sentiment that didn't have a price. She finally let it go, but boy she tried really hard! :) Thanks all over again, sweetie! :)

It is a very beautiful brooch. But I knew that you would appreciate. If I had to do it over again, I would in a heartbeat!! :)

Calm seas

Mikie

...sporadically, ever since.

You are correct. I WILL be under the water a lot more than I am now, once 31 December 2008 gets here. I will order me a new excal and hookah system in early 2008 sos I can break 'em in properly in the summer of '08.

Eventually I plan to purchase a dry suit and full-facemask sos I can stretch the season by a couple months each way. But that will come in late 2008. (everything's on budget). I hear the excal is being improved and the new model should be coming out anytime. So, I'll wait it out and see if they include a new perk or two (like a dfx-type digital readout meter).

I got an email from one of my ranger buddies on Lake Ouachita the other day. He said, that since the lake was down 10 feet, they (The Corps of Engineers) had decided to recover some of the old washed-away sand from years and years ago and redeposit it on the beach and gave the the heads up because he knew I am one of those die-hard detectorists. Problem is I didn't get the message for fifteen days because I was off deer huntin! I'm hopein' that when I retire I will have time to do all these things (yeah, right).

Later on,

aj

own little box that I keep it in (one the Lil Brother made me) and put back up. I always check the back pin on it, and make sure it's working properly. It one of my most favorite gifts of all time, one which I will cherish forever. Of course, there is a little note in that box, explaining where it came from, when and from whom. Just in case anything happens to me, I want my girls to know the story of some of my things. I have really been taking some time while decorating this year. :)

n/t

remember where you said you found it. Can you tell me again so I can write it down? Also, I was looking on the internet the other day, and found quiet a few etched silver jewelry, and some were close to what you found. The bird seemed to have been popular in that era, as do palm trees, but I have never found one I thought could have been made by the same person that did mine! :)

Here is a pretty good site about the lake.

http://www.britishcolumbia.com/parks/?id=457

The lake is quite old in terms of activity.... And since Victoria was a hub of 'Victorian Age' living, the brooch probably is of that era.

However, when you made it into a necklace/brooch... now that was clever

Fair winds

Mikie

The safe and briefcase with cash, not to mention the tokens. Those are some great adventures and I love hearing about them. Hope all is well with you and Alice. Finally getting a chance to catch my breath here. :thumbup:

Glad that you enjoyed the story.

Fair winds

Mikie