Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ADVENTURES IN PARADISE.

I forgot , to answer the mine part of your question bdahunter. No, we didn't go down into the mine cavity itself as it was a long way down and we didn't have a ladder and weren't too sure about the safety of going down into an old mine that might cave in at any moment, and no, we didn't find any gold that day.
Sheila

nugget hunting with a detector is a terrific way to go. We have a number of areas here that can be very good but few people take the time to learn their detectors. I sure would enjoy hearing more about your adventures!:thumbup:

Bubba2, ''gobsmacked'' is an expression we use here to say we are speechless. A 'gob' is, generally speaking, one's mouth, and smacking your mouth is one way of stopping it from uttering something nasty, usually. We have candy on a stick here that is large and sticky, sometimes known as 'all day suckers,' but also known as 'gobstoppers.' We use the terms ' shut your gob' and 'stick that in your gob' as a way of saying, 'shut up.' You certainly got the flavour of the term right in your second post, good on ya.

Wayne, I have just started using a detector and I have much to learn yet. I hope the next time we go out I find my first nugget, but as I get older I find it more difficult to learn this new technology, though I will be trying hard to get a handle on it.

Mikie, no we didn't find any gold on that trip, sorry to say, it was our first time with a detector, and put the day down to education.

Sheila.

Thanks Sheila for the definition. My wife will be pleased when I tell her I won't say %@#&*^%#$@@ anymore but will use the Auzee word "Gobsmacked." Like if I said " well S..." I can just say "well gobsmack" Again, Good story and give us some more of those unique words from down under. Bubba2

Sheila, but a bit scarey. I think I would tie a rope around Ron's waist, that way he would have to stay with the two of you. I admire Kellie for not letting her disability keeping her from doing the things she wants to do, and I think you are an angel of a mom! Thanks for the read, it was great! :)