Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Additional sizing feature brainstorming...

bfodnes

Deep coins has been known to ID as iron on VLF ID detectors... the depth will be different from detector to detector and minerals to minerals but you get the point...

Now, with the added sizing feature of the Vision. Would it be fair to say that a deep iron nail ( with its big halo of rust) will show as big on the analyze screen while a deep mis id of a coin as iron will show as a small target.. or somewhat smaller...and therefore not fit with what we have learned about iron signatures...

What do you say guys.... do we have yet another good use for that tool..

Then you have to understand the type of dirt you are in vise the guy doing the testing. You can ask that person and then you should be smart enough to know how your dirt is and then do some adding and subtracting due to your dirt. In the mean time you should have read the manual, read every word that is put out about the new detector and know how it works. Ask questions about the operation of the new unit that these guys are posting on. Read, read, read and read some more. Then you decide if you want to try the machine and if you think it will work in your area, great buy it. If not pass on it. Post and ask on the fourms if anyone is in your area can post on what they have found on there detector in your area. That is what I do in a PM or just asking on the forums on any machine I am interested in. Anyway just MHO. You have to do your own homework before you buy. If you don't, then you get what you deserve. Again just a old mans humble openion and I am allowed that by LAW. Sorry I got carried away. :D: :D: HH Jerry aka Tinfoil

and a few other things -
A good coin seems to give a good hump of colors generally with the 2.5 kHz as the top color. I guess you can say a nice clean pattern. And in Tone ID, an upper pitch for for lets say a quarter compared to a nickle.
So looking at the colors for the pattern, which color is on top, then the middle, then the lowest color - the different frequencies. Oh, and not to forget the VDI reading. On the pinpoint mode, the color bars on the screen appears to relate on how the color pattern order is on the analyze screen. Which color bar goes to the right the most (biggest bar), compared to the top color indicated on the analyze screen. Oh, and the fade rate to see which lingers the longest.
But sometimes I get strange patterns - so now I'm looking into the percent (%) they call the "Accuracy Probability/Confidence Level". In air test using Coin & Jewelery mode, I would have guessed the % would have read higher. But when the % gets lower and the screen give some strange readings, I guess I'll have to do some more digging to actually see what targets cause what display.
Going to take some time for me to figure out and sort things - but I'm having fun trying to sort out a few things.
[attachment 121795 V-93.JPG] [attachment 121796 V+71.JPG]
[attachment 121797 V+73.JPG] [attachment 121798 V+75.JPG]

I didn't dig that one because I was out on a short hunt and was looking for cleaner analyze screen patterns with the 2.5 kHz color on top, and with good consistent VDIs and good audio.
I was at a small spot that gave up a couple silver quarters and mercs last year. Didn't find any on this hunt though.