Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A years worth of digging.

This is why we all think itā€™s comical when a ā€œcoin shortageā€ has been declared. That is just ONE guy! HUGE stacks of EVERYTHING! Extremely impressive counts for sure, especially from places with dwindling amounts of coins to even be found. We are REALLY ā€œbatting cleanupā€ here....and a cleanup it is! Very nice work FC!

Love seeing the big piles of finds. It's pictures like that that sold me on detecting back in the day.

I just cleaned 10.00 in quarters in a tumbler and used salt and vinegar with some steel shot added. They all came out orange. What did I do wrong? Thanks! Ted

I just cleaned 10.00 in quarters in a tumbler and used salt and vinegar with some steel shot added. They all came out orange. What did I do wrong? Thanks! Ted
Not sure Ted... I just use aquarium gravel, water, and a drop of dishwash.
I have heard of others using your method with good results. Can you post a photo of them?

Last edited:
Maybe with that $302.50 you could hire a shovel boy
Fwcrawford Could convince me to do it if he throws in pizza and Coke for lunch šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Not sure Ted... I just use aquarium gravel, water, and a drop of dishwash.
I have heard of others using your method with good results. Can you post a photo of them?
Here ya go. Salt,vinegar,and steel shot. I just took a second batch out and they came out ok. They are still drying. My daughter is using them at the carwash and laundromat.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 107
Oh man.... they are are colored up!!!
I thought you were exaggerating a little.
I never had any do that.
The second batch you cleaned that turned out OK... you used the same process?
I notice one quarter in that batch looks pretty normal.... that is really strange how that one did not get effected like the rest.

Last edited: