Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

"A True Southern Lady"

Sunny

Over the course of time that I have been involved with the forum, I have spoken quite a bit about my best friend, Janet. People laughingly refer to us as

my dad would have been a year older than her,your story made me think of that era,haven't really thought of him in a while,i figure if i get a warning before death calls at my door,all those memories will flood in.

My condolences to they and you. A loved one could leave us at 150 yrs. old and it would still hurt. I promise to say a prayer for all of you to-nite.

Rob

n/t

good memories, if not about him, then someone else that you were close to! My life has not been the same since my mother's passing five and a half years ago! When I think of her, my eyes still well up, and I know my life will never be the same!

many more left at all. My family tree looked pretty dang good until my generation came along. Now it looks like an overgrown weed! Sad, but true! Most of us at least had parents that stayed together forever, unless one died! But when their kids came along, it seems like the divorce rate started climbing! Certainly did with all us kids! Now I think they are saying you have a 50/50 chance of surviving a marriage. My how the odds have changed since our parents and grandparents time. :|

she was obviously a classy lady, i had an "honorary Aunt" like that and i also learned a whole lot of life from her that stuck with me, like i am sure you did.
Seems like quite a coincidence that she would be passing now, when i was just told last night that my "Aunt" is in ICU out in Alberta and does not have much time.
My best to you and her family.
Wayne

This precious lady witnessed lots of changes in her lifetime.It is never easy to say goodbye,but the memories keep our loved ones alive in our hearts.You and Ms Gertie's family have my sympathys

family starts shrinking, and friends leave us! Ms. Gertie was really special, and I will never forget her! :)

tomorrow. I just know she will have some "rough" next couple of days, and it will help her get through it! :)

It is so hard to lose a parent!!!

take care

Sunny skies, calm seas.fair winds

M

to her tomorrow! She knows how much I love my friends here on the forum, and will really appreciate all of you! :)

It's always hard to loose someone we have close ties to. Sounds like Ms. Gertie was quite a Lady! Thanks for sharing her with us. Treasure those memories!

Dave

and prayers. She called me this morning hysterical because she wrote a tribute to her mother to read at the funeral tomorrow, and something went wrong with the computer, and it went down with an error message. I spent most of today helping her re-type it and it's almost done. We will finish in the a.m. She's better now, but said she had a complete melt down in the shower after this happened.

Losing a mother makes a person so very lost. Especially if you lose both parents and become "orphans", even at our age! It's a terrible feeling for sure! :)

Mrs. Gertie sounds like she was indeed a "lady." You were blessed to have known her. Thanks for posting this story, I really found it interesting and good reading...brought back some good memories of some folks that had an influence on my life. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

Ms. Gertie was truly a treasure Sunny, 90 years of great wisdom goes with her, my condolences to Ms. Gertie's family and you Sunny.

General Ray

Empathy....words cannot comfort, only the enduring friendship such as the two of you have can come close to filling the gap in times like these. After all, Sis, you have "been there and done that."

I never knew this grand old lady, but I really feel I missed a lot in not knowing her.

Your eulogy of her is both touching and "proper." She is smiling upon you today, knowing she made a difference in your life and those around her. What a legacy.

Now, in the days to come, forget your physical pain so much and give Janet what you give best--yourself and ease her pain as no one else on God's green earth can.

I love you and will be praying that God will recharge your batteries as they are drained in the coming days.

I love you so much. I see her reflection in you, dear. <><

Johnboy