Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A small South Texas Ranch...................

Hi Fred,

Imagine my surprise to open your post and find you had written about the area I lived in until I was 12 Years old . I was born in Gonzales in 1941. When I was 12 we moved to Palacious on the coast and I lived not far from there until my 19th birthday when I left Texas in the US Air Force. I've been all over the world and back since then. I've made my home in Connecticut for 38 years, living near the coast here too.

Thanks for the great pictures and memories they stirred in me.

Cupajo, Ct./Texas

We were not too far from Cost, Texas where the actual "Come and Take It" took place when the Mexicans wanted the cannon back.

The town of Gonzales has really been growing these last ten years...changing for the worst with shopping centers and all types of fast food cafes. Thank goodness the Dairy Queen on the south side is still the same. I miss the old days! Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

During periods of dry weather, they would always end up around the stock tanks...had to be careful at night. Thank goodness, we never did have very many of them, just enough to make life interesting from time to time. Dan, great hearing from you and thanks for reading my story. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)