Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A Sioux Indian War Hatchet..................

Kelley (Texas)

As some of you know, my favorite hobby is hunting for Indian arrowheads and other Indian artifacts.

Somewhere in some box around here, I have a genuine Sioux Indian War Hatchet that was made in the 1870

collection is one to envy! I met someone just yesterday that I am working on a story about right now. Hopefully I will be able to post it soon!

I can't wait to see the hatchet! I will be waiting for the photo, Cowboy, so find it, okay?

People fear a stranger more times than not, but when they witness the true kindness in a stranger, their mind changes about first impressions. That's what happened in your and the Indian man's first meeting.

Being a people person, like most of us on here sometimes can lead to great things. That hatchett is a treasure for sure, not just for the relic it is, but because your friend thought of you and wanted you to have it. How very special! :)

nice that the old man had stories to share,i always think of the sioux being in the upper plains,didn't know some were in oklahoma.

even live in Canada. There are a few scattered through out some of the Midwestern States, even a few in Texas. Originally, there were two tribes in Oklahoma, one being the Osage Indians and I do not remember the other one at the moment. Then in the early 1830's, the government relocated five civilized tribes to Oklahoma. The story of their relocation from the Eastern and Southern States to Oklahoma is known as the "Trail of Tears." Sorry for the memory lapse, just a tab tired tonight. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

Man, I am still in disbelief ! What an honor to have been given that hatchett !!! But, it ended up in the right hands.:) And your collection is truly something to behold. Have just learned (last year) that my wife is one-quarter Indian. She's pretty as a picture as are my daughters. She didn't know as she grew up in a foster home and didn't know her real parents. Long story. And she would kill me if she thought I was blabbing about her. But, I trust those on this forum. Anyway, we met her real mom only last summer. Boy, she LOOKS Indian ! Eighty-two yrs. old and sharp as a tack. My girls fell in love with her. Was a pretty special meeting. I've gotten off track but your pics and story were very intriguing. BTW, if I am in an area detecting where I know there were Indian inhabitants, I always sprinkle a little tobacco on the ground as a sign of respect.:) LOVED your story !!!!!

take some individual shots and show some closeups? I remember you posting some before and they are very interesting. I would love to see the Hatchet the old gentleman gave you!!

outside of a museum! I noticed a number of large spearpoints as well and all are displayed so carefully:thumbup: Sure would be interesting to know the stories behind them.

Can you share some of the old man's stories with us, or are they too personal?

We'd love to hear what he had to say. It would be his legacy to tell us a few words of wisdom, don't you think?

I really enjoyed your piece. The arrowhead collection is just beautiful...each one a sacred piece of someone's past. Thanks for sharing, buddy. <><

Your friend,

aj

:)and I'll bet that you never thought about making long-lasting friends before your first visit to the old Indians ranch. What a great collection.

Lil Brother

Indian friend was not very friendly at first but that is how life is sometimes and we all know this, but in the end he learn from you as you from him.

He saw your kindness and cowboy ways as you left his land and world only to meet young Indian boys having problems with riding a horse and their you were Kelley, doing what you do best, being a cowboy and reaching out with a friendly hand as you have always done and he saw this and learn from it as you did.

You done good Kelley just being you and that is the true mark of a person, being yourself :clap:

General Ray

What is really interesting is sometimes you find arrowheads made from flint that is not native to the area. Indians traded flint to Indians in areas that was lacking good quality chert for making arrowheads. Wayne, thanks for reading my story. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

arrowheads and the war hatchet. As a matter of fact, I saw some bugs outside today, time to take a few macro photos and post them on the Forum. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

Wish you could gather enough information and post a story about it. I sure enjoyed the story you posted the other day...you write good! Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)