Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A rattlesnake with an attitude.....................

Hay is being brought in from other areas, but it is getting expensive. We normally get three, and sometimes four cutting a year. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

Thanks for sharing. I have not seen rattlers that big around here in a long time. Matter of fact, I've only seen about four in my entire life...hard to believe, as much time as I spend in the woods.

By the way, I working on a flute that I will post, as soon as I get it finished. I'm takin' my time on this one. It has the voice of an angel.

I saw a Dennis the Menace cartoon in yesterday's paper. It had Dennis and Joey facing the 'camera', standing on a little knoll with the evening' sun at their back. They've both got their cowboy garb on and Dennis says to Joey: "A cowboy's gotta do what a cowboy's gotta do...as long as he asks his mom first." I thought of you and Debbie. :lol:

Have a good day, podnah. <><

aj

Are you making it by using a picture as a model or do you have some type of plans that you are using? I really think this is neat and can't wait to see it.

Also, those big rattlesnakes are still there where you have seen them in the past, they are just hiding, trust me! Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

n/t

is this a "cut out" picture and this is all you have? I would love to read the story that goes with the picture. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

by him holding it up beside him. I think there is more to the story than what the paper let on, but I will have to ask John Boy or Little Brother! :)

still a problem?
It is so dry here that some of the West Islands world class resorts at Tofino are closing for lack of water. They normally get 10-12 inches of rain in July/August, this year none!
Is your drought a unusual one also?

it is so dry and hot. The folks in the cities are having problems with wildlife too! These animals and snakes are looking for water.

About twenty years ago, when we were living on the ranch in Gonzales County, I would always read the Sunday paper while drinking a cup of coffee on the front porch. I think this was around 1986 or 1987, not sure. It had been a dry year and snakes were becoming a problem because of the dryness. Anyway, I was reading the paper and some movement off the side of the porch caught my attention. Upon investigation, there before me was one of the largest rattlesnakes I had ever seen. He was coiled up on top of the garden water hose. The area around the water hose was moist because Debbie had not turned the handle hard enough when she had shut off the water the day before. I went into the house and came back out with a shotgun. Not thinking, I shot the rattlesnake, but unfortunately, I killed the water hose too! The next day I had to go to town and buy a new water hose.

When it gets dry like it is now, you just have to be very careful and watch for snakes...and other wildlife too, especially the feral hogs. A feral hog is dangerous and will rip you apart if they think that you are a threat to them. Coyotes are not much of a problem unless they discover your watermelon patch...then they will eat the water melons as desert after raiding the chicken house or eating the pet cat.

I have never seen it this dry and hot...August temperatures broke all records. Everyone has been placed on water use restrictions, and there is a burn ban in effect at the moment. Some folks think that we may be heading for another dust bowl like the one back in the 1950's. Time will tell. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

and across most of the western part of our countries.
Shooting a hose is totally forgivable when a rattler is on it:biggrin: