Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A motorcycle ride to "LBJ" Country...............

I use it like Royal does for checking out areas, also Geocaching, routes to and from and whats around you. Great program and a ton of features you will like as you spend time with it....... The detail seems to be improving faster now also in certain areas... I like thenew night sky feature they added with the constellations.......

Geo

writes a story and gives me a location I always go to it with GE and it makes it more understandable. More real.

i think llano is on 281,think 281 runs up to commanche,texas or maybe its cleburne.that old post office looks like it was in a local store,they had them that way in many smaller communities until they had a dedicated building.kind of nice if you owned the store:).

you took and so very sorry that i am late in giving you well deserved credit for the great photo essay:thumbup::thumbup: Thank you for taking the time to show us!

It has happened to me many, many times....discover a story that I have missed. For some unexplained reason, as we get older, we have less free time...why?

Yesterday, I went for a short bike ride and came across an area where folks ride a car tube down the river. You should have seen all the women wearing those two piece skimpy bathing suits, the type of swimming suits that you see advertised in Frederick's. Traffic had slowed down and I almost ran into the back of the car in front of me. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

There is lots deer hunting up in that area of the Texas Hill County.

David, what do you know about a small town up in your area by the name of Rockwall? There is supposed to be a wall built of stone that no one knows who built it or why it was built. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

i've never heard about the wall and it sounds interesting.rockwall county is either the smallest or second smallest county in the state,it stsrted really growing population wise about 20 years ago because of dallas' suburbs pushing out.the built lake ray hubbard in the late 60's and the started building around it,not many stumps on the south end and the have sailboats.

i hadn't heard the story about the wall,considering hard rock doesn't hardly exist around there,i don't even thing there are any gravel benches in the area.mostly shale type rock fred,we call it white rock here.i know the use to haul gravel from bridgeport northwest of ft.worth to the dallas area for construction needs.you've got my curiosity up,i'll have to investigate:).

well,fred i looked and they say there is a subterranean rock formation that people have looked at for years,some thought prehistoric man may have built it but geologists believe its part of something thats associated with your area,"balcones fault".i'm glad you mentioned it,i never had heard about it.you know you go through places never thinking about why places got their names,now i know on this one.if i get over that way anytime soon i'm going to ask some locals about it.

they have a small courthouse and square there,if i remember right rockwall use to be known for crooked county officials who because it was small had to be dynamited out